Posts by Tashablueyes

So I work in a grocery store and we have to use the approved icings and plant cakes. Super frustrating for things like piping roses and stacked cakes, but when I have to do a wedding cake, it's frustration times ten! Any tips on how to make a tiered cake more stable with soft, crumbly cake, soft greasy buttercream, and just the cheap standard boards and pillars? I'm tired of making and delivering beautiful wedding cakes just knowing they're going to slip, bulge and sag!
Cool ideas! Please keep them coming.
Thanks brincess_b, I was thinking that too, kinda make him look folded up and use RCT for arms and tail... I have a feeling he'll be one of those "by the seat of my pants" kinds of cakes.
Crud! I promised a friend I'd make her the Zoboomafoo character thinking I've done a couple of monkeys and they both turned out pretty great.... but upon closer inspection, Zoboomafoo is actually a Lemur... a weird gangly, fuzzy, ugly faced Lemur! I have NOOOO idea how to do this now! Any tips for carving something so skinny and what should I do about fur? Maybe just a grass tip?! Totally out of my league here and I know she's not expecting perfection, but I'm worried...
I hope it works out for you Aine2 ! This was a really, really cool cake! Good luck.
How freaking cool are these people? It would never have occurred to me to intentionally make a cake wreck, but I am LOVING this cake! lol!!!!
How funny, I can't believe it didn't occur to me to just do a tall carved beaker? And I am LOVING the bubbling idea! You guys rock as usual! I was already planning on coloring the cake inside kind of tie-dyed swirling looking, so bubbling up would be even cooler!.
How funny, I can't believe it didn't occur to me to just do a tall carved beaker? And I am LOVING the bubbling idea! You guys rock as usual! I was already planning on coloring the cake inside kind of tie-dyed swirling looking, so bubbling up would be even cooler!.
We're having a science themed party for my daughter's 8th birthday and we'll be doing fun experiments and stuff. The thing is, I have great ideas for everything but the cake! She just wants a sheet cake carved into a beaker, but that just seems so boring! Anyone have any really creative thoughts on it?Thanks!!!!
If you're referring to the Transformers cake I completely agree! That was exactly what came to mind and it's great because you could make it fit any theme just by switching out the Transformers logo with something else.