Posts by bmote1

Hi all,I do not know how or where to post this but I want to thank everyone who voted for my Fairy Cake.I have never entered any cakecontest before - not on this site or anywhere else so to come second is a big thing and it feels so nice in my heart!Thank you to everyone of you who voted for me - I really appreciate it!LoveBirgitte
Hi,I have an order for Saturday night ... just got it - excellent timing Anyway I want to model the Beatles and put the birthday boy either drooling or as part of the group singing ...I am SO not a Beatles fan and haven't got anything in my house to look at!I've search the web - can't really find anything and then I thought of you guys - maybe some of you are Beatles fans and have a cup or picture or caricature of them ... if so maybe you could send me a picture on my...
Hi girls,I have now had so many phonecalls from all over the states for my Noahs Ark cake and yesterday it was a girl from Florida I had to disappoint! I'm wondering if any of you have ever shipped a cake - if you know if it is at all doable between the states and Canada?I hate letting people down and would love to help and to ship but I cannot see how to. I know Colette does it but then again her customers probably has so much money they don't care about shipping...
Well Hello girls,As Anna was saying, she emailed me and I should of course make myself known shouldn't I I have totally gone of the cake decorating ... that often happens to me for months at a time. I had this plan to go into business with an events organizer here in Calgary but she doesn't seem to have the same drive as I had when we first came up with the idea of working together, so now I feel a bit deflated. I really thank you for all your kind words!As for a website...
Well Hello girls,As Anna was saying, she emailed me and I should of course make myself known shouldn't I I have totally gone of the cake decorating ... that often happens to me for months at a time. I had this plan to go into business with an events organizer here in Calgary but she doesn't seem to have the same drive as I had when we first came up with the idea of working together, so now I feel a bit deflated. I really thank you for all your kind words!As for a website...
Hi you all,I'm thinking of doing one of these barbie cakes for my daughters birthday - and a Batman for my son (twins!)!Anyway does any of you know where I can get some info on how to do the barbie cake - that probably sounds a bit silly to you if you do them all the time, but I have no idea how to do this? I'm thinking how to drape the fondant around and also how to cover the doll without it looking silly?!Thanks,Bmote1
Hi girls,I got up - checked my email and for the first time ever there was an online order on my website. I of course got all excited but that soon fizzeled out as I realised my customer lives in the Los Angeles area.I did write to her that I cannot ship it to her - I cannot see that it would be proffitable and I would seriosly be very worried about whether it would get there in one piece?I promised her I would try to ask in here if there is somebody near her that could...