Posts by kansaswolf

I've gotten a few of these scams before, just not this one. My instincts said "SCAM!", and I figured if it really was, I'd get some confirmation here. I'm in Missouri, so I guess he's trying to get everyone.... Ugh. Some people just make me mad! Thanks for the help everyone! I'll just delete this guy.
All it seems to be missing is the "Happy Married Life"... I responded to a request for information from my WeddingWire account. He didn't even attach the picture he refers to a couple times in the email... Am I jumping to conclusions? Should I even contact this guy back? Anyone else get one of these?Hi,Thanks for responding to my posting and apology for my late response.Let's get down to business, I would love you to take care of our wedding cake and I would want...
Just curious, could one heat the pomegranate molasses on the stove first, and then put it in a crockpot on high for the remaining time? Or just crockpot it the whole way? I kinda like the idea of "set it and forget it" filling...
I'll have to remember that for next time! I was a little out of it at first, they actually woke me up...
I almost hung up when I heard it was a relay call, after hearing so many stories on here... But I decided I didn't want to hang up on a REAL hearing-impared person, so I went with it. The person asked if I do wedding cake, I answer yes. They want a cake for 250 people for their daughter's wedding in a WEEK, and ask the price. I give them a ballpark figure based on my per serving price and ask what flavor and shape. They say "white Chocolate" which I don't offer at...
See, that's where I get confused... I know I can sell in-state (Missouri), as long as the place I bake is in the correct county (which it is). But if I MAIL cookies somewhere out of state, is the point of sale the place I need to worry about regulations, or the place I send it to? Sorry to cause confusion, but to be honest, I'm pretty confused!
Wow, okay, so I might not be able to then... Darn it...I'm in MO, which (in the county I'm in) allows small home businesses without licensing/separate kitchen/inspections. I'm well within my legal rights to sell where I'm at, I just didn't know how shipping things other places would affect me. I was kind of thinking along the lines of, "I can sell my items HERE, but I can't sell them in a different state. Would the place of sale be HERE, since this is where I'll mail...
I've googled several times, but I'm just not coming up with anything yet... Help!
How does this work legally? Would I go by my home state regulations (I'm a legal home business in my state), or are there regulations about selling across state lines? Would I have to then check the state regulations for anywhere I'm selling to?I'd really like to be able to sell these, and I've been asked about shipping, but I couldn't find any info on how to work that without violating any rules. If anyone could help me out, that would be great!
Also, you can change your lead info so that only people who want cakes that are in the price range (or serving range) that you do will actually generate leads. I just eliminated the >10 servings option, and set the price listing for what I actually charge and above. I've only been on Decidio for a short time, but I've been getting some web hits, which is nice! I like showing up at the TOP of the bakery listings!