Posts by cakeymom

I have a Canon IP3600 and I have tried everything.  The instructions on icing Images(whose sheets I am using), calling in and doing what was suggestioned which was holding the sheet in the freezer for 5 seconds before printing.  I clean before each print.   When I looked at the sheet it is clearly more of an impression along with carryover ink.   I am willing to get a new printer.  Any suggestions on models that do not have this problem??????     cakeymom
Royal icing using slightly thinned cornsyrup to attach and I let the cookie dry overnight in the oven(because of the humidity as I'm in lower Alabama).   Cakeymom
Royal icing using slightly thinned cornsyrup to attach and I let the cookie dry overnight in the oven(because of the humidity as I'm in lower Alabama).   Cakeymom
Ok, I finally had a chance to try it again based on the helpful suggestions from Icing Images.  And the circles lined up much better.  I had to tweak the margins settings a little but it worked fine.   My only is issue is that the pin feeds are leaving lines of little dots down my frosting sheets.  I cleaned the pin feeds off per the Icing Images instructions online and it stopped for my first printing and then reappeared for my second printing and the images that I...
Any suggestions as to whether this ok or not based on experience would be helpful.   Thanks   Cakeymom
I made some cookies with edible images frosting sheets applied to them and would like to know about experiences shipping them. They are going from South Alabama to the very Northern part of Alabama. So if I ship Monday they will get there Wednesday. Should I have a problem with melting????? Cakeymom
You sound like an amazing person. The thing, besides, Cake Central that helped me the most to improve my skills were classes. Whether it's Wilton or through a local bakery/supply store. While there are many, many more people that are way more talented than I'll ever be it does not stop me, nor does it lessen the smiles I receive from family and friends. Keep up the good work! Cakeymom
I'm sorry I danced all around it with my rant.  She did not like it.    But, I would rather her taste it now and not like it opposed to her not liking the actual bridal shower cake and it possibly spilling over to the friendship I have with her sister.   Cakeymom
This morning I delivered a sample box of four cupcakes for a tasting.  I did not charge because this is the sister of my best friend.    First of all, my pride more than my feelings are a little hurt.  This cake recipe produces a very fine crumb and is super light on the palate(I use a mix of butter and oil).  Even my 21 year old son, who has become a cake critic told me so last night when he tasted a sample.  He also stated that the frosting was equally as light. ...
Opinions Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee:grin: