Posts by cakeymom

It's very, very easy to use the recipe calculator especially since it does the calculations for you. One would simply determine the factor. For instance: Enter a Factor (please write as a decimal, i.e., 1.5 to multiply by "one-and-a-half") So, one-fourth is .25, one-third is .33, one-half is .50, three-fourths is .75. I'm not a strong math person so it really is great because it uses simple math terms. Having extra cake/cupcakes on hand in the freezer is not...
I'm at a complete loss. I don't know how to get a deep chocolate brown IMBC???Help....cakeymom
Here's a neat recipe scale calculator that you can use that will probably get you closer and not have much waste. You could perhaps look at a cake batter suggestion listing on the internet or a cookbook that you may have to estimate the amount of batter you will need to make. Wilton may even have one online??? If it were me I would scale it based on the eggs. So maybe a 1.40 times ratio that way you'll be using 7...
My recipe tastes like a brownie. YUM, YUM.....1 stick of Butter softened3/4 cup Sugar1/4 tsp Salt1 Egg large1 1/2 tsp Vanilla1 1/2 cup AP Flour(Gold Medal)1/2 cup Ghirardelli unsweetened Cocoa PowderCream butter and sugar just until light and fluffy. Mix in egg until yellow disappears. Then add vanilla. Combine sifted cocoa, flour and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to sugar mixture until it just about forms a ball. Then chill until firm. Then ready, set, bake! Bake...
Dear bm162003,I searched the internet and found a really neat recipe scale converter. I converted the recipe into fifths since it calls for the equivalent of five whole eggs, which is what I plan to use. But, if you are using the egg whites it's even easier.Hope this helps in the future.BTW, I'm going to give the WASC(scratch-version) a whirl tonight. cakeymomhttp://www.fruitfromwashington.com/Recipes/scale/recipeconversions.php
I recently found an alphabet/number cake pan and was wondering if anyone has tried it before? It the one where you move the blocks to create certain letters or numbers. If so are there are tips that you can offer? I found them at Old Time Pottery for 5.99 so I purchased two of them. I saw them on Ebay for 17.99 each and other places as well for upwards of 39.99. So It looks like I did get a good deal.I plan on trying it for my birthday next Tuesday. cakeymom
Thanks!! I'm trying to get out making a 9" to go under it. I sat down and counted as well and I think even a few more slices can come of it since each part is 4" tall. I was counting closer to maybe even 18???Thanks again,cakeymom
My doll cake is 8" across the bottom, 8 " tall and 2 1/2" across the waist. Approximately how many servings, best guess, can I tell my client it will serve??? I doweled between the 3rd and 4th layers where it has a cake board for stability and it has 6 layers in total.Thanks,cakeymom
Sorry, when I said, "Hot Mess" I meant it went really, badly wrong. I think my board was too wet and the fondant separated and had a hole it that I tired to fix. Just a true mess.I'll give it another try. Are you using the foam core? What is the thickness of your board? If not what type of board do you use.Thanks,cakeymom
I see so many cakes with beautifully covered boards that are so smooth. Is it covered in fondant??? I tried it and it was a hot mess. So I just threw it out. I tried to use the foam core covered with fondant that I added tylose to.What the heck did I do wrong????Thanks for any help,cakeymom