Posts by cakeymom

Thanks!!!! I was thinking I was on the right track with the exception of the carving in order to place the next tier of cake on top.I'm going to see if there is a way for me to incorporate the topsy turvy style cake into my Wilton Course #3. I think it should be ok so long as I have the elements from this course on the cake??? We'll see. I have a very nice and knowledgeable instructor who advocates creativity.cakeymom
Attached is a copy of my slanted cake. It's sides are carved inwards and the top is slanted/carved downwards.Am I correct in my thinking that all I have to do is the same carved cake in a different size smaller or larger to begin building a topsy turvy cake???For some reason I couldn't attach it????? So the link to my cake in the photo gallery is below:http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1528903
I was a little lost with term, "Book In" myself. I think that sometimes people, in general, use terms that they are familiar with an assume others are as well.For instance, I work in the accounting field and if said the the words, "Credit or Debit" versus increase or decrease you may not know what I'm talking about. So, it's all relative. Just food for thought. And probably the fact that you were dealing with someone that was hearing impaired just made it a little...
Sounds like this may be a good time to use a vanilla pastry cream, which is a lot thicker than a pudding.Try to Google it. Sorry, but I don't have a recipe for it.
No, that's not normal to loose the chocolate taste. Which cocoa did you use? I use Ghirardelli and I can promise you they still have that brownie cookie taste. Try my recipe I promise you, it's a can't miss with it.BTW, your cookies are pretty!!!! cakeymom
I'm looking far a vanilla recipe. No doctored mixes please.cakymom
I make my fondant; mff to be precise all the time I just add tylose powder to it until I think it's stiff enough. I have fmm funky letter uppercase and script letters. I love them and have no problems. I too can thank Edna for her tutorial. She's AWESOME and her cakes are beautiful!!!!!!
I am going to dome. So, now I need a recipe...please,please,please.I normally bake cakes and have recipes that come out level for obvious reasons. So, I rrreeeeaallllyy need a good scratch undoctored recipe.Thanks,cakeymom
BUMP!!!Can anyone give me a answer?????? cakeymom
I'm new to the whole cupcake scene, so I'm not sure what is proper or if there is a "True" proper way in preparing them.So, my question is: Are you trying to achieve a dome or not??? cakeymom