Posts by zoey2jack

I appreciate all of your input. Yesterday after sitting and clearing my head of everything, I decided that there were too many reasons not to have a shop in town. There are soooo... many variables that come into play. I could name them all but it would take entirely to long. I really feel the best thing I can do for me, my family, my sanity, my customers, etc. Is build a kitchen on my property (poo on the insurance Guy). I called my insurance agent (not the first one I...
Yes, I guess it looks like I have alot more research to do. Thanks for your suggestions and insite on my situation.
Okay, the owner of the shop has a produce market next door. His average walk in is 500-1000 people on Friday and Sat and about 100 or more a day on the other days. I am not saying everyone will come to me that goes to him but I think that most will come by. I would love to have any suggestions on how to go about doing a market study. I am new to the business world and do not know where to begin.
In our town we have 60,000 people and the only bakeries we have are three grocery stores. I would be the only bakery in our town. I am still working on break even point. I just spoke with my business insurance agent and he says he would not put a bakery on his property since people are so sue happy these days and if they pick up a cake a fall in a hole and break their leg they will sometimes try to go after you and your business. Anyway, I have to still get a quote from...
Okay, I originally was very excited to open a shop in town . My rent is super cheap and it is an awesome location. It will be a cupcake bakery with old fashioned cakes as well. I was thinking of being open 9-5:30 T-F ans Sat 9-3. I was going to hire a part-time baker to come in early since I have two children 11 and 6 who have to be at school at 7:30 a.m. Anyway, I have the option to also build a kitchen on the property and do cakes and cupcakes out of it but it wouldn't...