Posts by zoey2jack

WoW! This is sooo..... exciting! I just happened upon this topic and man does this sound awesome! Thank you for all your hard work and time you have put forth! I have been toying with going into business but haven't had the funds to do so. People always ask me when I will open a shop but it so unbelievable how much start up cost, etc. it would require so this would be such a blessing. I completely understand what others who do own bakeries are feeling but i wonder if they...
You also might want to remove the Publix name for legality purposes. Just a thought? Love how your personality shines through!
I usually use nothing but the silver cc tins. I have used the paper ones and have found that they leave grease spots in the bottom of my box (this is even the paper ones that say they are greasproof). This makes me think that alot of the moisture of the cupcake escapes from them and leaves a dry cupcake. I tend to be be pretty anal anout the whole moisture factor so do take that into consideration. As far as baking them, I make mine from scratch and bake them in the oven...
I use nothing but Satin Ice and love it. I will have to say that it is a little bit softer than wilton brand but I work a little powdered sugar into it and knead it. The wilton brand is not as tasty as the satin ice in my opinion. As far as figures etc. are concerned, I use it either by itself or add a little tylose to it. For more fragile things like my numbers on top of cakes I use gumpaste only. I only buy the satin ice in black, white, red and chocolate brown. I have...
I have had a blog for a year now and I have over 35,000 hits. I find that most of mine are coming from searchs in google, etc. there are alot from here as well. I think it is important to put in key words (i.e. guitar hero, communion cake, etc.) or at least I think that is what makes a difference. I am certainly no the expert at it but this is what I have experienced. It also helps to leave comments on others people sites. Blogs are great since you can talk about what your...
I agree that you definitely have to look at what people in your area are willing to pay (within reason). I live in a small town that has only grocery store bakeries so I have try to be somewhat reasonable. Having said that, I will also not give my product away for free or with hardly any profit. If I did that then I would have to ask myself "Why am I doig this?" I am amazed your cupcakes only cost you .13. Do you bake from scratch or use a mix? I bake from scratch and even...
WoW! Those are adorable! You did a great job! Don't you just love customers that appreciate all the time and effort? TFS
I have recently been inquiring through my insurance company about business liability insurance as well as the dwelling and contents. My insurance agent said it would run about $80 a month for both and that is with $1M in liability and I can't remember exact amount on property since I haven't started building. I just wanted a basic estimate. One thing that she told me that I had no idea about is that I have to deed a portion of my property to myself that the bakery will be...
WOW! Your kitchen is beautiful and spacious. I can't wait when it is my turn to post that I passed my inspection. I guess I better get my hubby busy building me a kitchen. Congrats and thanks for sharing your photos!
Congrats Chef Stef. That sounds exciting! I know one day I might be able to be in town, but I think I definitely have to crawl before I can walk. My opportunity to have a shop in town now sounded great but when I looked at the big picture it just wasn't something I was ready to tackle. I am just thankful I even have the option to do either.