Posts by lisad1

Definitely the closest race I've seen on here, also the hardest to choose from! All the cakes were AWESOME and elegant!! You are all winners!!
Wow, that's a little brutal... 'oh wise one'... Just because someone has a more relaxed opinion then you, doesn't make them stupid!The original poster would have to figure out a cost if she was willing to do it. I'll back polekitten on this one. Sometimes there is a bit of arrogance in the tone on these threads. Not everyone IS a baker..the customer said he was a designer, which would imply he likes to frost and embellish the cake. I hate to bake, I'll do it, but...
I didn't think any of them were spectacular! If it's an extreme show, you would think all of them would have tested the mechanics of it before hand. And same goes for the snow globe. If everything hinged on whether that worked or not, she should have practiced that part. I did think she had the prettiest design, though. I wasn't happy with the winner either....i didn't think there was anything special about his cake.I actually thought that the only one that came out...
I like for the main tree at home to be the traditional ornaments that i grew up with. But I put up small trees, one in my bedroom which is silver and lilac to match the room, and I always change my office tree every year. This year it is hot pink, red and purple, a "diva" tree. Little shoes, purses, lipsticks, perfume, dresses, jems, lots of hot pink maribou/feathers and fuscia glitter.
I'm surprised it's taking this long to announce a winner because you would think the ratings would have been tabulated all along. this is the first contest I've actually seen them throw (other than the touchdowns), so my question is where do they post the winner? Will it be in Galleries?
Sounds like you had a tough week! But as far as store bought goes...Costco's is pretty good cake! And you really do get a lot for your money. I think we got a carrot cake, with creamcheese icing and apricot filling last Christmas for work and everyone loved it.
Was it a duplicate? 2 photos/different angles on one cake. Because of space, they delete second postings. If not, i don't have any other idea as to why it would be removed....
I would put it in the fridge and wait it out... Who knows how long she'll be in the hospital with her child. And really, it would be the LAST thing you would care about while you were there. Nothing more stressful than waiting at a hospital, not knowing how things will turn out. Hopefully she'll call when she is out....With all that has happened, she may have even forgotten the cake. Who could blame her... If you've never been stiffed in 20+ years, I would think that...
Your work is absolutely beautiful and flawless! It definitely deserves to be in the top! One thing I did notice is that in the past you posted a photo of the cake and another of the topper. That's not allowed anymore, but more importantly, it's probably divided the comments/favorites that were posted, then if you had just one posted. The collage you posted for the camping picture is perfect, it highlighted all your details! Awesome job!
yeah...i think you're right. I had started voting, did about 40 and had to stop. Came back a few hours later and everything was out of order, it was weird because every other page i started seeing the same cakes. It kind of makes it harder to go back to where you left off. Oh well, thanks for answering sasporella!!