Posts by makenice99

Hi all,My sister is having twins this October and I would like to make a clothes line 2 tier cake. As my cake topper I would like to make a small Tiffany shopping bag with 2 silver spoons showing through the tissue paper in the shopping bag.Also, I will make a Bloomingdale Bag with baby booties next to it. You know the whole girls love shopping from birth theme.I would like to make the bags out of gumpaste so I can make them now as I am a beginner with big ideas.Any...
Thank you both so very much. I will try Michaels during lunch tommorow. I would never have thought of the people cutter,wow.
HI,I would like to work on a clothesline cake. I have been so inspired by the ones in the gallery. I sent out a few private messages but thought I would just post as a general question since I haven’t heard back yet with many people on vacation I guess. Where do you buy the baby clothes fondant cutters from? I went to my local shops and they only had candy molds for the bib and socks. Thanks,
topaz176 Hi, I hope to one day have more than one order at a time. While I am breaking it down into days I only work on the cake from 9:00pm to 12:00am after I have but my family to bed and worked a full day. While it sounds like a full week. It's really 12hrs. I work slow.
Thank everyone for responding. I am going to try baking sooner and putting it in the freezer. But it will be before frosted since I have a small fridge
I need a little help. I am doing something wrong and I was just wondering how everyone else does it. I find that I wait till the last minute and working on the cake on the day its due. I am rushing and don’t even have time to take a picture. I am always worried about the cake being fresh I bake at night 10pm 2 days before it’s due.Here is what I mean: I have an order for Saturday 1.Tuesday - I buy all my supplies I make my yellow from the box with ...
I am a cake lover; love eating them, baking and especially decorating. I have been addicted to this website for some time now and learning all so much. I have taken classes at the culinary institute (non degree). I would love to one day own a coffee shop with all types of sweet delights. In the meantime I bake for family, close friends and some of their friends and classmates. I try to get my name out there to build up my money & skills to owning my own. Things have...
Wow, Thanks, that is a cool post.
CakeDiva73 - update the prices and quanties are better than I wrote last night.Boards: it's plain white boards I usually cover in foil. 50pcs 1/2 sheet cake boards for $9.33 250pcs 12" cake boards for $40.22 Boxes: 50 boxes for 33.84 Tops are 50pcs for $17.48 Bottoms are 50pcs for $16.36Buttercream: 28lbs White for $31 10lbs Colors for $10 Sorry about the mistake. Also, as I said these were prices from 18...
Wow, I am getting a good price. The book that I am talking about is very similar to the wedding cake box you attached foxymomma521, but a little shorter I believe. If I can get my camera working I will try to post a photo of the box. Sorry no they do not sell online or even have a website. It is just a local place but they have a fair selection and the owner is very cool.korkyo, walmart sells boxes in different sizes? Really, all of them? I was told they...