Posts by makenice99

PTBUGZY1:Sam's buttercream does not need to be fridgerated. You leave it out at room tempeture. The buckes that I have brought have had a 3 month time span for experation.
I am on my 3rd bucket same problem with all 3. Do you all take it straight from the bucket or put in the mixer? Maybe that is what I am doing wrong. I have the sugarshack dvd and going to try her buttercream but the bucket is so convient. Aej6- you ask for it at the bakery department its not out. I do advise you call ahead before you make the trip the Sams iI buy from requires you order it...
Thank you all for responding, I am in NYC and the buttercream is $31 for the big bucket of white and the 5 lb color buckets is $10. I am sure it is buttercream its the one that doesn't require refrigeration. It sits in my kitchen pantry until I am ready to use. I don't know about my house being to hot. Here is what I do take a few large spoon full depending on the cake size put it in my mixer. Add a few drops of cream bouquet and vanilla, give it a few spins on 2 and...
I have been using Sam’s buttercream now for my past 2 months. I have tried adding confection sugar to get it to a stiffer consistence to crust. It doesn’t help just makes it too sweet. Has anyone found a way to get it to crust? I just can't get my cakes smooth. I tried using the hot scraper too nothing is helping.Thanks
Oh my God thank you all so very much for the help. You saved my cake. I never knew that about ganached. Amazing. Thanks.meri1028 I just ordered the book at amazon. I can't wait to get it. I can't wait to try the purse on the cover. Thank you so much.pattycakesnj I brought the buttercream DVD loved it but I know I can't make a topsy turvy so I was thinking about just the fondant DVD next. Is the ganache only in that DVD?Oh what an expensive hobby this is But I...
Ganache can stay outside???????? It has heavy cream (diary)Thank you all so much for the help. I will let the ganache set up and spread it on.However, I am very confused about the let it stay outside part. Will it be safe. We will not be using it till Saturday. It is Wedneday and I can leave the cake with ganache frosting and filling outside for three full days. Won't it spoil?
This will be the first time I try this so I need some advise on the best method. I am trying my first man dress shirt. I baked a chocolate cake which I will be filling with whipped chocolate ganache filling. I am going to let it set for 30 minutes and the cover the cake in poured chocolate ganache.Now here is my problem I want to then cover the cake in fondant and add the collar & tie. 1. Is it better to frost the cake with poured chocolate ganache or whipped?2.How long...
Help, I need to add an edilble image to gumpaste and not sure which is the best way. Should I put it on right after I rolled and cut my design or after the paste has dried over night. Any ideas? Thanks,
OMG thank you so much for sharing. Two follow up questions how long will the filling last. For example if I am making a cake saturday and I make the filling Tuesday night to put in the cake Saturday or will it be ok. 2. How long can a cake with this filling stay out for ?Thanks
I had a slice of heaven last weekend. I was at a bridal shower out in Boston. The cake was a Strawberry Grand Marnier - gold cake with white choc Mousse and fresh strawberries. I had 2 slices. I tried calling the bakery her mom got the cake from but does not ship and I am 5hrs away. Anyone willing to share a recipe?