Posts by makenice99

Since I am unable to go out and shop (caring for a sick elderly parent) I spend a lot of time on the internet. Well, I have become addicted to Groupon I have purchase Groupons for several “Baking/Decorating “Classes offered by local bakeries in my city. I was eager to get in there and see how the pro’s do it hands on not just from looking at the T.V. This past weekend I took the first of five different bakery classes I purchased. I was shocked. The first thing...
Thank you so much for sharing. Great links.
OMG,So I just saw this cake... what is this style called? Also would anyone mind sharing how is it done. (I tried sending one to the designer but no reply yet)http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2184130/Thanks,
Hi all,So over the weekend I was trying to bake when I ran out of cream bouquet I put it in the batter and icing. It was after hours and my regular place had closed already. So I google and found a store that was open. So before I took the 40 minute drive I asked did he have Cream bouquet. He said yes, its now called princess. Is this true are they the same thing?I know I have read on here where many have saud there are nuts in Princess but not in Cream bouquet so how...
Thank you so much for the advise. I will go get the cookie sticks.
Hi,I am going to make some fondant onesies for a few dozen cookies for this Saturday. I plan on baking them on Wed or Thursday night. Will it be alright if I cut out the fondant Onesies now and decorate them and wrap them on a board several times with plastic wrap? I want to do some detail and textures on the onesies so I want to get a head start on the process by having all of the designing out of the way. What do you suggest? If I bake and apply the fondant on...
Thank you so much. I love the board idea. It looks great.
I have to make 75 assorted design baby shower cookies. I have used cake dummies to make cookie pops for past showers and want to try something new and different. Any idea or suggestions, how do you display your cookies? Since it’s a large group and a dessert table I didn’t want plain trays I want something that would standout and eye catching. (Also, I personally hate buffets and think other people may have touched my item while trying to decide on which to pick. So I...
Happy New Year, I have yet to venture into the Cricut world so I need a little advice. I was taken aback by the prices. It cost over $200 for the machine then $60+ per cartridges, too much for my hobbyist heart. Until Friday when I looked at the post for $14.95 cartridge sale. I began looking for Cricut’s on sale in my area. I have some christmas gift money to burn. I see that AC Moore has The Cricut personal cutting machine for $85. Should I buy this one or wait for...
Thanks for sharing that's a very cool cake idea.