Posts by makenice99

Thanks everyone, does Michaels or AC Moore have these lights? So let's take the bottom tier for example its a 12 x 12 board with the panels & lighs glued to it. But the cake itself is say 9x9 leaving space between the cake & lights? PAStIllage vs gum paste, big difference? New used pastillage before.
My fellow cake photo collector for inspiration friends:     Help, I came across the cake below and can’t stop loving it.  It's so beautiful & has that WOW factor.  It’s by a Nigerian Cake Artist Tosan Jemide.  (His cake photos are amazing)   Help me take this cake a part mentally CSI style.    Goal: To find how did he put the lights in?  Where would I get lights to do the same for a communion  cake for my niece in May?      
Help,   Does anyone have a receipe for Alchol infused Red velvet cupcakes.  For either the batter or the cream cheese buttercream.   Thanks,
Hi all,So last weekend I make some cookies for my niece’s best friend bridal shower. I made the Toba butter cookies with pictures of the happy couple on each of the 30 cookies. I used chocolate melts to attach the photos and to cover the seams. Everyone loved them. The bride cried I heard when she saw them. It was displayed in a treasure chest….it’s a beach wedding in Antigua next month.Since everyone at this shower was ooh and ahhhh over the cookies the bride now...
Hi,When icing my cake I usually take from buttercream from the bucket put it in my mixing bowl add a splash of cream bouquet or liquor whip it up for a few minutes (about 3mins) then I ice my cake. My cake is usually right out the freezer when I tort, and decorate the cake. Here is my problem, when I decorate the borders look great. I set the cake into the box leave it open while I go clean the kitchen (about 20 mins). Come back to cover and go deliver cake looks fine. ...
Thanks everyone. Yes, the stove is balance so are the racks. I placed the lever inside afew times before baking. Still slightly new 2 years old.I am going to try the turning while baking and see how that works. Thanks again
Help,My cakes always look a little off and slightly favoring a side. I use an oven thermometer so my oven is really at 350. However, when I take the cake out the oven one side is always, always higher than the other. As soon as the cake comes out the oven I use paper towels to push it down and try to even out the cake. I mold the oven hot cake sort of. It looks fine and all I would have to do is remove very little crowing and frost. I let it cool completely, wrap...
Thank you for the feedback. I am going to be taking another class their next month. I am going to do some more looking around for all the things mentioned and asking the owner too. No, I am sure this place was not a bakery before..its an up & coming area all of the store fronts look brand new.On a side note and please forgive the question what is a grease trap and why is it needed? Where would it be located?
Hi,So my sister is turning the big 40. She will be having an after work gathering at a lounge. It will be a private section in the lounge. She has a few tables reserved and wants cupcake centerpieces. She is over the top and wants something fabulous and different. Any ideas on a cute way to display the cupcakes about 60 on 5 or 6 tables I believe. Thanks,
No, I didn't get the feeling they baked else where...its a very small bakery. In a very out of the way although up and coming area. If you weren't looking for it you would never find it. I know I would have drove by it if we werent looking for the address.I know its always said location, location location but I don't see how they are making money off the bakery. They offer a 50% off goods after 3pm deal. Which I thought was odd. All the other bakerys I have seen do...