Posts by handymama

You know Ella, I'm one of the most self-confident people I know -- not cocky, just recognize my gifts. Still, if I don't hear back from a client/recipient within a couple days of delivery I start thinking "they didn't like it" which progresses to "they hated it" after a couple more days. If I'm personally dissatisfied with a cake (less than 1/2 the time, but not unusual) then that thought process begins about an hour or less after delivery. Then, when they inevitably say...
What did you use for the "Blossom" letters? It doesn't look like tappits.
I'd do them Friday. If you're nervous about time make your icing and load your icing bag ahead of time and have all of your liners separated and ready to go. Buy/borrow some extra pans so you can be filling while others are baking. It takes me about 1 1/2 hours to make, bake, cool and ice 6 dozen cupcakes, but I have more than one mixer and two mixing bowls for each. If you do them ahead store in a bakery box or turn a cardboard box upside down over the cupcakes on your...
It was originally printed; pricey but good. Now that it's digital only I no longer subscribe.
Ummm, Becka, you're opening a bakery and you don't know about cake drums? Are you sure you're ready for this?
Wood cake board. Large dowel -- I would use 3/4"-1" -- cut at least 1" shorter than finished cake. Drill hole in center of prepared board (fondant, foil, etc.) Drill hole in center of one end of dowel. Screw to board through pre-drilled hole in board. If you don't have small round cake pans bake a 1/4 sheet or 1/3 sheet and cut out some cake circles. Make appropriate size holes in the cakes. Fill and stack two layers; lower overĀ  center dowel; add dowels or straws and...
I tried Vistaprint and was not happy with the quality.
I own one, and have the same gag response as above. What I've found, though, is that if people don't know how it's done they think these little poo-balls are wonderful.
1 cake mix + 1 can of Sprite or other soda at room temp. Mix on lowest speed. Bake at 325 until toothpick comes out clean (should be about the same as your normal baking time)
Thanks MsGF