Posts by tracey1970

I have put colorflow onto, and into, buttercream many times. It won't dissolve immediately. I did find, though, after several days, that a colorflow piece in buttercream still looked OK until I went to lift it off and then it crumbled almost immediately. So it's fine to leave on there for quite a while, but a few days, maybe not.
I've had success getting fine lines with color flow (I haven't seen your pic)
I've had success getting fine lines with color flow (I haven't seen your pic)
Great point, Leah_s! I forgot to mention that I bake at a temp that is lower than is called for also. Thanks!
When you make a larger cake, the bottom nd sides being done first is customary. That can happen no matter what recipe you use. When I bake a cake 10" or bigger, I use bake even strips around the outside of the pan to keep the sides from cooking as fast, and I use at least one (but more in larger cakes) inverted, greased flower nails in the centre of the pan since that helps the centre bake faster to keep up with the sides. A heating core will do the same.
I often double/triple a cake recipe without issue - ? Have you tried the full-sized recipe for the White Almond Sour Cream cake found on here? It makes a large amount of batter, it has always worked for me, and it can be flavoured with chocolate and other flavours if you don't want a white cake.
What's the male equivalent of "bridezilla"?
Should be. I don't typically refrigerate mine at all before covering - but I have a few times.
I'll second both of those ideas. I use Wilton for some stuff that won't be eaten because it works up nice. But I have used Satin Ice and Fondarific for the same. I use tylose powder kneaded into the fondant to help it dry a bit harder.
If you have a thick icing dam holding in your filling, then you can cover your cake with fondant virtually right after crumb coating without fear of bulging. I pipe a thick icing dam, fill, crumb coat, and cover with fondant right away.