Posts by KieslerKakes

I had my first experience with marzipan this weekend and I think it went really well, but I have questions. Do you use crisco on your hands when working with marzipan? How do you soften the marzipan, just work with it? What's the best way to work with it? Thanks for your help!
Can I ask who May West is? Never mind!
Elissa, good question. I always have trouble with "those wirey things" too. I use the 22g wire and on the end I make a very, very, very small hook, then I press it on the back of the gumpaste or fondant, what ever I'm using at the time. Sometimes it looks ok and other times the object on the wire is all messed up. I've tried pinching the wire on the back of the gumpaste and fondant. I ususally just give up! It's a very delicate thing to do. I can't seem to manage...
Elissa, good question. I always have trouble with "those wirey things" too. I use the 22g wire and on the end I make a very, very, very small hook, then I press it on the back of the gumpaste or fondant, what ever I'm using at the time. Sometimes it looks ok and other times the object on the wire is all messed up. I've tried pinching the wire on the back of the gumpaste and fondant. I ususally just give up! It's a very delicate thing to do. I can't seem to manage...
I thought your website was very user friendly. You might add headings like - "The Jones Wedding June 2008". Just a suggestion. Also offer something different, like birthday parties where kids come in and decorate there own cakes. Only if you have room, alot of business is word of mouth. Contact churches in the area, some people get married privately, but still may need a small cake. Good luck!
I have taken all four of the wilton classes, at Hobby Lobby. They offered classes on tues and wed from 6:00-8:00. I to prefer small classes 6-8 people. You get more individual assistance that way. My instructor was very good, we could look over her should and watch the technic she was teaching. I would suggest any cakes you make leave them for the store employee's. My instructor all so did this. And on Saturdays do a demo in the store next to the cake decorating...
I have always used the New York Cheese Cake recipe from the Philadeliphia Cream Cheese package. It's great and I have good reviews from it. I also buy my cracker crumb crusts, I never make them. I do use a name brand. Good luck.
I too would like to know where you get your 3D cookie kit. I have been looking online over the past week for them. Thanks GeminiRJ for your pic also!
Yes, a couple small pictures of a mini cup cake and the toothpick. I have the magazine at home and forgot to bring it to work. You know I have to get all the important stuff done at work. I will try and copy or type up the instructions and post tonight.
That's it. sorry for all the messages.