Posts by KieslerKakes

Anyone see the cake challenge last night "Blind Date Cakes" with Anne Heap from The Pink Cake Box? I'm looking for help in making her fantasy flowers. Anyone have ideas/instructions on how to make them? Thanks Janet.
WOW! Looks good to me, nice job.
I made Sugarshack icing again last night and it turned out terrific! I do need a new and bigger KA. Hint, hint to the husband last night. I love the Sugarshack icing, the taste and feel and look of it. I think my biggest problem is the KA. If you follow the instructions from the DVD step by step it does work much better.
I too have been battling the Icing War. I have been making cakes on the side for two years. I know this isn't long compared to the professionals, but it's long for me. I am still trying to find the perfect icing, I have sugarshacks DVD and have watched many times and still can't get all the bubbles out. My KA is a 5qt and icing is overflowing the bowl when I make it. I've tried cutting the recipe in half, but then you gain the whole air thing in the bowl. I thought...
I'm able to view the entries and the rules, but when I click on the voting button under the "View Contest Rules" there's no voting button for each individual entry. Am I doing something wrong!
I only have one kitchenaide, but suggest if you do that much cake baking you need at least two. It's worth more of your time to purchase a second one than to wash all the time. Have fun!
thanks peg818, I just place an order from Sugarart.
If any one has seen the cookie DVD from Susan Carberry, she show wedding dress cookies and how to decorate them. She uses a very small mold to make the delicate fondant roses to go on the cookie wedding dresses. Does anyone know where to purchase the molds?Thanks
Anyone watch Part 2? I really enjoyed the show this time. And I loved all the cakes. Can't wait for Part 3 next week.
I always double or triple stack my circles (on the bottom layer only) or use a sturdy board for support. Even if I stack at home or transport and stack onsite.