Posts by yayadesigns

i like to use the ziplock freezer bags and I write the date I made the icing and what consisistency (thin, med, etc) and then pop them into the freezer. They thaw pretty quickly when I want to use them again and taste fine. Sometimes to quicken the thaw time, I will knead the icing and scrunch/pound the bags with my hands.
I have been wanting to make the MMF to play around with it. Can you add in some flavoring to the recipe or will it affect the way the fondant turns out?
I would think you will be ok as long as you are clear that you are not affiliated or employed by Wilton and are not advertising that this is a Wilton sponsored or backed class, but do give credit to them if you are using their teaching materials. They do make available on their website the class curriculum for teaching to children, so they obviously are not against people printing and using the material and I haven't seen anything that says "If you print and use this...
The oreos are really yummy. I like them dipped in white chocolate. My absolute favorites are the ones I make with nutterbutters and then dip in chocolate...OH MY! If they weren't so rich, I could eat the whole batch
I am going to be teaching an afterschool studio on cake decorating starting this Thursday for the fall semester at my daughter's school. I thought one week it would be fun to let the kids work with fondant and make cutouts to decorate cupcake tops. Kind of like working with edible playdough. So I was making a list of the supplies I would need and I would definately need to have more rolling pins. I remember seeing a post where someone said they made one, and I have...
well I just placed my order at spinningleaf. I am actually teaching a cake decorating/candy making studio at my daughter's school this semester, so I think that I something the kids will have fun with (that is my excuse for ordering and I am sticking to it )The PB filled oreos...I have not seen those...are they one of those limited edition flavors? I did order the mold for the nutterbutters in case I can't find the PB oreos.
well I just placed my order at spinningleaf. I am actually teaching a cake decorating/candy making studio at my daughter's school this semester, so I think that I something the kids will have fun with (that is my excuse for ordering and I am sticking to it )The PB filled oreos...I have not seen those...are they one of those limited edition flavors? I did order the mold for the nutterbutters in case I can't find the PB oreos.
Ok, I am soooo in on this. That sounds absolutely divine...would you mind sharing the recipe for the PB chocolate?
I dont really measure on the gum-tex. I am sure there is probably some correct ratio or correct way to do it. But I just put a little spoonful in the middle of my fondant and then just knead it really good until all of the powder is absorbed.
I dont really measure on the gum-tex. I am sure there is probably some correct ratio or correct way to do it. But I just put a little spoonful in the middle of my fondant and then just knead it really good until all of the powder is absorbed.