Posts by TammyRiley

thank you for the replies! I'm glad that I am not the only one having these problems. I will definitely try the needle poking during the process, what a great idea! thanks so much cc'ers!Tammy
I can't seem to post the pic, but if you follow the profile link to my page, you can see the Diego cake. I posted 2 pics one with the air bubles and one without.
I just did a simple cake, iced smooth with bc. Went out the door fine, but I saw the pics of the bday party later and the cake had air bubbles and looked horrible!! why would this happen? they had closed the lid (squished the border) and left in inside on a table on a humid day. Would this have happened if it was left in the fridge instead? I've done cakes for a few years now and have only seem this happen a couple times, but not that many bubbles on one cake. (i'll...
I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one that has been having problems lately! I have used Satin Ice for about 3 years, and just in the past 6 months or so it has been crap! I have asked many questions to those who use it and sell and I don't believe that I am doing anything wrong. I had to roll out a large piece for a 12" round tier, so I tried cornstarch and it cracked and even tore while I was lifting and dropping it on the cake. I tried using icing sugar and...
thank you caymancake and BlakesCakes! Your recipes are quite similar, with the one glaring difference of the chocolate vs. white pudding mix. I am heading to the grocery store and am tossed what kind of pudding to get. Thank you again for your replies .... it is VERY helpful! I'll let you know how it turns out.Tammy
I have read lots of posts about the Red Velvet WASC question. I have an order for a red velvet two tiered cake next week. I was going to use the WASC recipe and substitute the white mix for red vevlet mix. Has anyone tried this recipe or are people using this recipe: http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7461/easy-red-velvet Wouldn't red velvet cake mix work? Thank you for your help!Tammy
thank you all for your feedback. I'll call Satin Ice and see where I get. Thanks again all!
Is it possible to get a bad batch of fondant? When I say bad, I mean that the fondant seemed plyable and easy to work with, but I attempted to cover a 12" round cake three times because the fondant kept cracking and tearing! I was pulling my hair out! This was a brand new 10 pound tub of satin ice. Finally, I got my other supply of fondant and had no problems applying. This was still satin ice, just a few months old. I was wondering if I should contact my supplier,...
Wow! That is quite a list! Thank you Donnagardner for your reply. This definitely help!
I love making the WASC recipe using different flavours. I need to make an 18" carrot for the bottom of a wedding cake and was wondering what flavours to use if I used the WASC recipe.Also, the cream cheese buttercream recipe would be perfect, but is it okay to leave the cake unrefridgerated for so long. By the time it is delivered and served at the end of the day, it will probably be sitting out for most of the day, in air conditioning of course. Is there another recipe...