Posts by KidMcWonder

Hey everyone!I'm making cookies for Christmas, and I just learned tonight that my grandmother is stopping by in the morning. I had planned to use Royal Icing to decorate, but since I'm short on time, thought I would just brush on some Luster Dust.Question: this Luster Dust has been around for AWHILE. It's still in it's package, has not been opened...but it's been sitting on our back (enclosed) deck throughout the year and through the hot summer and cold winter(I have a...
When you say "metal bench scraper", what exactly do you mean? I have a few spatulas and a couple of plastic paint smoothers....Thanks for the responses, ladies!
Is there a way to get a smoother cake with SMBC? I know it doesn't crust because it's butter and not Crisco. What about meringue powder? Would this work? Or would it leave a strange taste?Sorry so many questions, but TIA!
Thanks ladies! You've been most helpful!
I made this for the first time this weekend (check pics!), and am amazed at the awesomeness. Question about how to keep it, though: does it keep in the fridge just as well and as long as regular BC cakes/cupcakes do? Are there any special instructions? I just didn't know, because of the egg whites and all....TIA!
Thanks!
When a recipe calls for 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, how much would that be in cake flour?Again...bad at math....
Thanks!I'll do some searching online to see if I can find anything on what TN dictates as far as food safety. It seems like the representatives I've called or emailed asking these questions are too busy to respond...
I saw an ad posted on Craigslist that was for a certification course in the restaurant industry. It was called ServSafe. I emailed the lady and told her of my hopes and dreams of one day running a home bakery (in TN), and asked if this would be the kind of certification I would need.She wrote back and said yes, it was the industry standard certification course, and it would also look good if I took out a business loan.I just wanted to ask all of you's who are certified if...
Thanks!