Posts by MARVINBROWN

I have a problem.. I have to make 21 batches of buttercream using wiltons recipe for buttercream. I thought I would save some money and bought a 50lb box of vegetable shortening (used commercially). But when I mixed it with the vanilla and the water...it would not mix in (cream). That mixer was on for 20 minutes.I went ahead and added the powdered sugar and meringue powder anyway and it seems to have come out ok, but I am afraid that the icing will break down later. I...
HelloI have have a wedding cake to do next weekend. And it's my first outdoor reception so the cake will be outside. I plan to assemble it there at the last minute so its won't be outside for too long..It is a white cake, Buttercream icing using NO butter or milk, with Buttercream filling.My question is;Would it be a good idea to refridgerate the cake before I deliver it or have it at room temp before delivery.Also was thinking of bringing a fan and a cooler of ice to blow...
Here are several things you can try.1) When baking, add a teaspoon on Meringue Powder to cake batter. It adds firmness to your cake.2) Check your icing. It may be too thick. Must be thin consistency.3) Try using a tip 789 icer tip to put the icing on the cake and then smooth it out with a spatula. Hope this helps
HELLO I AM MAKING A 50TH ANNIVERSARY CAKE. BAKED IT TUESDAY. FROSTED IT WITH BUTTERCREAM ON WEDNESDAY. DECORATED IT ON THURSDAY AND FRIDAY. PARTY IS AT 6:00 SATURDAY. STANDARD YELLOW, CHOCOLATE CAKE INSIDE. AFTER CRUST FORMED CAKE HAVE BEEN COVERED. WILL CAKE BE EDIBLE AND MOIST? DON'T KNOW HOW LONG YOU CAN GO BEFORE CAKE IS NO LONGER EDIBLE. HELP!
HELLO I AM MAKING A 50TH ANNIVERSARY CAKE. BAKED IT TUESDAY. FROSTED IT WITH BUTTERCREAM ON WEDNESDAY. DECORATED IT ON THURSDAY AND FRIDAY. PARTY IS AT 6:00 SATURDAY. STANDARD YELLOW, CHOCOLATE CAKE INSIDE. AFTER CRUST FORMED CAKE HAVE BEEN COVERED. WILL CAKE BE EDIBLE AND MOIST? DON'T KNOW HOW LONG YOU CAN GO BEFORE CAKE IS NO LONGER EDIBLE. HELP!
HELLOI AM MAKING A 50TH ANNIVERSARY CAKE. BAKED IT TUESDAY.FROSTED IT WITH BUTTERCREAM ON WEDNESDAY. DECORATED IT ON THURSDAY AND FRIDAY. PARTY IS AT 6:00 SATURDAY. STANDARD YELLOW, CHOCOLATE CAKE INSIDE. AFTER CRUST FORMED CAKE HAVE BEEN COVERED. WILL CAKE BE EDIBLE AND MOIST? DON'T KNOW HOW LONG YOU CAN GO BEFORE CAKE IS NO LONGER EDIBLE. HELP!