Posts by Tomoore

I'm amazed at ppl with these prices. I wouldn't give her a refund at all. Tell her you charge $5 per svg...she already for a huge discount. You did a fondant cake for $45. She already gor her refund. I agree with the other posters about the prices, tho. I am having a tough time in my market commanding the prices I want...I've learned that is rather decline the order (after suggesting a design that fits her budget) than hate myself throughout the project and then deal with...
I freeze it and pull it out when I have a "practice" cake.
Hey CC, My biz is legal: my office is home and I bake from a commercial kitchen. However, my biz is new in this area (I relocated here) and I am having trouble reaching the clientele that will pay my prices. My niche is novelty cakes and I've been met with a lot of folks that think that "specialty cakes" should cost no more than $60. I am working on a marketing plan to include reaching out to local venue managers/owners. My question is how I should do it. It would...
I cut a vertical "V" shaped chunk out of the side before slicing horizontall.  HTH
Thx!
Hi All, I am bakin today for a cake being delivered on Saturday. It's a scratch cake and I am using syrup. I am wrapping the layers in Saran until I fill and stack them tomorrow night. My question is : when do I apply the syrup? Fresh out of the oven, let cool and wrap? Or, let cool, wrap, and syrup them when I unwrap them tomorrow? TIA, Tomoore
Thank you, Jason.  I appreciate your reply.
I'm sure its somewhere on here, but I haven't found it:   I am working on a business plan.  I currently rent a pretty expensive kitchen (I am looking around for other options)  and have a home office.  Can you tell me what a reasonal breakdown of expenses should be.  I know it may vary from biz to biz and location to location, but some advise would help. For instance, what's a reasonable percentage of sales...
Hello, I am doing 125 square mini cakes and am trying to create a timeline for completing this project around the 8 hour drive to the wedding and my work schedule leading up to it. I was originally going to use the Wilton square cupcake pan, but I think I am going to return that and cut the squares out of sheet cakes. I want to ganache the squares to give me the nice, sharp edges under the fondant. It would be nice to be able to start this project a week in advance. So,...
Thank you!