Posts by hellie0h

why not "glue" the stick to back of cookie with melted white chocolate, when set bag the cookie.
Could it be the bride is having a a relatively small wedding and cannot afford to have the entire church membership attend. You stated she grew up in this church and possibly the folks you seen receive invitations were very close friends of the bride and family? I would not feel hurt over not being invited unless you were the only church member not given an invitation.Separate bridal shower, could be grooms family that hosted that and therefore people from her church would...
Seems to me the OP got plenty of advice on her question....also seems to me that there are quite a few that want to shut up the folks that have a bit of a gripe, and yes, they have the right to free speech as well.You know what really gets to those of us who have a loved one that is mentally challenged....is when ignorant people use the term to describe themselves or someone else as being retarded because they can't master a task or they are making fun of another being...
I have used both, but my preference is Clear Jel. If you have a bulk food store close by or ever make the trip to Holmes County they have it at the Amish Bulk Food Stores.
I always chuckle at "remember when" or "back in the day"...cause I am a dinosaur too! I like to bake cakes ahead of time, freeze them then thaw and ice. Of course perishable fillings/icings should keep kept at food service safe temp. Personally, I would not make for sale, anything that would need to be kept in fridge as I only have kitchen fridge and would be concerned that odors from other foods would contaminate the taste of the cake....then being only cottage law legal...
I always chuckle at "remember when" or "back in the day"...cause I am a dinosaur too! I like to bake cakes ahead of time, freeze them then thaw and ice. Of course perishable fillings/icings should keep kept at food service safe temp. Personally, I would not make for sale, anything that would need to be kept in fridge as I only have kitchen fridge and would be concerned that odors from other foods would contaminate the taste of the cake....then being only cottage law legal...
Just be honest with her, I imagine you have found her wanting receipts offensive. I would just put it out in plain English, that you do not share your cost breakdown to anyone. Please, no long winded explainations to her are necessary, short and to the point. If you come across as apologizing for your policy or price you just keep the door open for this lady to weedle you. Do you still want me to be your decorator?.....Wait for her answer, if she continues with her whine...
Just wanted to say, beautiful cupcakes and sorry you didn't get to see them on the home page.
Cakin' has become like politikin', a firm belief in how one does things is the right way and the ONLY way...then try to force their beliefs on others by belittling or having the holier than thou attitude. I am an Independent Free Thinker, I do what works for me.Not my affair if Frick and Frack bake scratch and Harry bakes commercial, whatever works for them as individuals. However, I might be a "cake-ist" because I do have a prejudice against powdered sugar buttercream,...