Posts by hellie0h

I ordered the "Customer Pick" bundle. If you go to hsn.com type keyword circuit, you will see all the cricut merchandise. This is a great deal, $349.95 and even better I did the 4 payments of $87.49It took less than a week for shipping. If you are going to get a cutter, you may as well get the expression instead of the personal cutterCricut Expression Cutting Machine with Accessories Include: * Expression die-cutting machine - measures approx. 22"L x 9"W x 8"H *...
Here is a link to DIY easy screen printing a design.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugbo20z90Hk&feature=relatedIron on transfers look good but don't stand up to many washings. You could also print out your design onto fabric that has been backed by Heat and Bond making sure there are no loose threads to catch in your printer, then appliqued onto your apron either by hand or sewing machine or just simply ironed on. (I think the applique would look better than iron on)If you...
You can make a template from a paper baking cup by cutting down one side, flatten out then trace onto some card stock or cardboard, also enlarge it some by drawing a tab on one side.
Paramount crystals are chips of partially hydrogenated palm kernel oil combined with lecithin and citric acid (as a preservative) for the use in confectionery coating and chocolate work. When used it keeps the chocolate fluid. Used similarly to cocoa butter in chocolate work, except paramount crystals have virtually no flavor (tasteless).I buy mine at a local cake/candy supply store. If you have something like this or a bulk food store that sells the wafer chocolate, most...
When you dip whatever into chocolate, bits and pieces of whatever, are mixed into the chocolate making it thick and gunky. You may want to take parchment on a large jelly roll pan, drop a spoonful of chocolate into rounds, sit you cake ball into that melted chocolate then spoon the chocolate over your cake ball. This keeps the chocolate clean. It's time consuming but you get a better looking product.Also, it helps when using chocolate wafers to thin the choc. with...
I'm a transplant from wva/maryland that lives in Ohio. I have 2 links for you, first link is the state map with county clickable to the county health dept. contact info. From what I have read, different counties have diff. rules. So if I were you I would contact your health dept. http://www.wvdhhr.org/wvlocalhealth/lhd_profiles/lhdreport/index.asp Second link is from the State Health Dept. on rules for selling at Farmers Markets. From what I read there, home based kitchens...
Just a few thoughts, if you are going to have supply store in your home, check with the zoning commission as to what your area is zoned, like cakemaker stated, you will need to be in a commercial zoned area. You will need a vendors license because of selling taxable items. There are many variables as to what county, city, township...whatever and their particular regulations. When you branch out from the cottage law its a whole new ballgame. Best of luck, and if you are...
Thanks for explaining my question, when I looked at one of the sites for the Silhouette, it only showed the print and cut tutorial. I really liked how that machine cuts out the color graphic...I ordered cricut before knowing about this one...if I really get into scrapping, I just may have to get this too....big problem with me, buying toooooo many toys. Thanks again for the answer, back to canning tomatoes.
I too, have lots of graphics in my PSP (I have 7,8 and 11). I took a look at the Silhouette and it looks like a terrific machine, but I have one question. You create your image, and from what I understand..you need to print it out on a printer...then put that printed page in the Silhouette to cut....are you using frosting sheets to print out your image, then placing frosting sheet on the gumpaste to be cut in machine?I ordered Cricut Expression from HSN, been wanting one...
I only wanted to echo the beauty of the cake, but the board it is setting on...looks really crappy in comparison to the cake.