Posts by hellie0h

Will try in VERY layman terms, open your image or create outline in a graphics editing program, I use PSP. When using an image, in mho, try to find a coloring book page or something with simple lines unless you have a working knowledge of how to make a solid image in your graphics editor.Open Inkscape, go to file, import, find your image file you saved. Make image a size easy to work with....then go to Path, trace bitmap...if you have a solid image (filled in with solid...
A year or two ago, Bobby Flay had a throwdown with Juniors Cheesecake. It was all about cheesecake layered between cake....ultimate sugar rush. So, I looked up Juniors website to have a look at these cheesecake cakes, Sons birthday was coming up, so I made a caramel apple cake with baked cheesecake layer.The layers did not squish, stayed nice and firm, but oh my....this was the richest piece of dessert I have ever had, believe me you only want a small slice. I did another...
I use 2 different ganache recipes. Both are very good, but the second recipe is shelf stable longer and also more lighter in texture that is WONDERFUL as a filling. I make a peanut butter chip and chocolate chip recipe, so mixing two types of chocolate would work just by halving the total amount. Example, one recipe calls for 8 oz chocolate, so if you want a balance I would use 4oz each dark and milk to 3/4 c. heavy cream 2 tbsp. unsalted butter. Heat the cream and butter...
I have quite a bit of protection on my pc, last time I was on CC and had another tab open to wal-mart I got a virus notification and said to abort connection, which I did. Tonight, I ran web root spy sweeper, I had a virus....first one in several years. The virus was called mal/generic-A. I just added another program to help detect malware. I don't know which site it was, but one or the other has been compromised.
Oh my gosh, what decadent dessert cakes they have, grocery stores around here do not have anything remotely close to Publix. All of those cakes look like they are to die for....good thing I don't live in Florida.
Hey neighbor, Lancaster here. Princess idea is good. My DIL told me about a cute scarecrow cake she seen somewhere online. From what I understand, it's just the head using a bundt pan, she said it was adorable, just another idea to throw out to you. If I can locate the pic I will post it for you. Best of luck on your entry.
Gotta chime in on this one, vanity has nothing to do with what one feels when they reach a milestone birthday. Yeah, people will laugh at the gloom and doom over the hill affair for others sake, but really, inside its not quite so funny. Turning 50 hit me like a ton of bricks, 60 was not so bad, but still I would much rather have something unique to me, rather than the over the hill stuff that everyone else at the party finds hilarious. However, that is just me.... maybe...
Well, I think Mr. Gross may have some financial smarts, he is off base when he says that cupcakes are simply made from cheap ingredients and takes as much labor to produce 1 dozen as it does 3 dozen??? He obviously has not baked a day in his life. Even in a bad economy, a tasty cupcake at $4.00 is really a small indulgence. Sure, shops of this type will be more successful in a metro area where there are tons of office workers to pop in for a cc and coffee let alone a...
I have used the Bettercreme from Sams, much less sweet than traditional buttercream. I personally can't stand icing of any sort unless it is a rich ganache made with butter or maybe toasted pecan/coconut.There is a recipe in CC that comes VERY close to the Bettercreme, I have made this when requested a less sweet icing. I don't have a cake business, but I have had my own food business in the past and yes I do believe you need to offer alternatives to your main product. Not...
I am posting a link to cookie sheets, explains how using a dark cookie sheet vs shiny and insulated and what results you can expect from them. I ditto mightydragon in recommending Alton Browns cookie instructions. Here is link to types of cookie sheets,http://ezinearticles.com/?Different-Types-of-Cookie-Sheets-Yield-Different-Tasting-Cookies&id=186863