Posts by hellie0h

Melvira, about those gingerbread marshmallows, you may want to pop one before using them in a recipe.....I don't know if it is me....but they taste like cheap perfume. Taste is still on the tongue. Blech...
Peanut butter bon bon...simple but swear it tastes like reese cup filing. 1 cup peanut butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1/4 tsp salt. thats it. Mix all, chill for a couple hours scoop into balls, dip in your choice of dark or milk chocolate.Mounds Bar, 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk, 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 tsp/ vanilla, 12=14 oz pkg of coconut. Mix milk and vanilla add powdered sugar, mix til smooth add coconut stirring to blend...put in a sprayed pan, lined with...
Here is a recipe with the corn syrup http://cookeatshare.com/recipes/mounds-chocolate-candies-10015I have made mounds with the following ingredients and I swear they taste just like the candy. 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk, 1 tsp. vanilla, 2 cups powdered sugar, 12-14 oz. bag of coconut. Mix milk and vanilla, add sugar 1/2 cup at a time, mix until smooth. Add coconut and spread in a parchment lined pan (I spray my parchment) chill until firm, cut into squares, logs...
You can't leave Cousin Eddie out. Don't know who was the most fun, Eddie or the squirrel.
Looks like total fun...the video was worth a chuckle.
[quote="costumeczar"]Well, you took it wrong, then. I don't like sheet cakes, that's my opinion. I'm not putting anyone down who makes them unless they choose to be insulted. I do mostly buttercream anyway, my customers don't usually ask for fondant. Just because I don't like sheet cakes and think they mostly look tired and boring doesn't mean that people don't know how to pipe a buttercream rose. There are lots of strange assumptions and twisting of people's comments on...
Here is a video link for making a guitar cake. Looks pretty simple.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL__A3KYPJA&feature=related
I don't comment much on here but this kind of irked me.Buttercream piping is a skill that requires a lot of practice and renders beautiful results. I don't think it's "grandma style" at all. K8, & Indy just to name a couple of the more well known on CC, know about piping and it shows in their work. Newbies most likely have not seen any work done by Than Than....jaw dropping to say the least. This is not to knock fondant covered cakes, but really they all look...
Hi, here is a link to a pleated tutorial, also on this site, a video tut of a beautiful gumpaste rose.http://www.keeponcaking.com/category/tutorials/Edited to add...was not sure if you meant on the cake itself or on cake board, either way this tut should be of interest.
I read this topic yesterday, my first thoughts...newbie, first post, hmmm, can't help but think that this is a troll or maybe a regular member with a new identity just drumming up drama...if you have been around CC any length of time you would have seen posts like this that were totally bogus. Apology if wrong.