Posts by hellie0h

Kiddo, I always try to follow the golden rule, do onto to others as you have them do onto you. Put yourself in a clients shoes, if you will, or your own shoes lol if you have had any problems taking something back to a store, you want what is rightfully yours within a reasonable time. I would not advise anything beyond 5 business days as a refund time line. Just be reasonable, your clients are not your enemies, they are your bread and butter.
Hmm, there are so many holes in this story you might want to call it swiss cheese. If you have ever been in law enforcement or an investigator, you are trained in techniques such as Wykd mentioned. You become callous in all aspects of your life, even family and friends are not safe from your analysis. You will look for discrepancy in statements, such as persons changing bits of their story, body language too. With that said, whether or not Chasing Butteflies is telling the...
I gotta ask, are YOU serious? Sounds like you don't want much business with that attitude. Not being mean, but dang girl....that is a very reasonable inquiry for persons who are maybe under the impression you have a storefront bakery.
I believe and practice what my Dad always taught me, when in doubt...throw it out! Why chance making yourself sick. I can't imagine eating any prepared item that has been in the fridge for 2 weeks, but that is me. Like Texas said, exp. date does not apply once opened.
I made my first white cake when I was around 8 or 9 years old, the name of the cake was Feather Light White Cake...end product tasted like bread! I am now 63 and I remember that like yesterday. I agree that it is all in how the cake is put together. It is a science no doubt. (I like Alton Brown) Same goes for extended cake mix recipes, it just does not get all thrown together. I prefer my extended recipe for taste and texture, and I like my cake without icing, maybe a...
Elegant, and like someone else said, nice to see beautiful piping instead of ribbon. This will probably start a new trend for future brides. Got to add: Kate and her dress were stunning.
My adult son's birthday was on Easter this year, I made him a two layer yellow cake and filled with homemade strawberry filling and the icing was cream cheese beaten with one cup of granulated sugar and vanilla..this was mixed with stabilized heavy cream whipped to stiff peaks, nothing fancy...just a delicious dessert cake that wasn't weighed down with sugar drenched icing.
I look at this from the customer's prospective...it's not her fault that you don't have a store front for customers, you evidently don't want them coming to your place of baking and choose to have consults elsewhere and charge for a customer to order a cake, this is what I am gathering from her email. Frankly, if no tasting or sketching design concept was needed, I would think that this lady is within her rights to be upset. If I walked into a bakery and was told I needed...
I use Gilt Edge Pastry Flour for my doctored cakes as well as scratch. My preference hands down, the extended recipe. Recipe I use is, adding 1 c pastry flour, 1 c bakers sugar (extra fine), dash of salt, 1 c melted butter, 3 whole eggs, 1 c sour cream, 1 1/3 c water, 2 tsp. vanilla or whatever flavoring desired. If I am making chocolate cake I add 1/3 cup cocoa and dash of salt. I mix all wet ingredients in one bowl and dry in another, add wet to dry mix 2 minutes. Best...
I am wondering if the op was talking about the spray candy that kids love. I googled and found on Snopes it can be a danger by drinking it. http://www.snopes.com/food/warnings/bigmouth.aspA few years back, I was eating a commercial made chocolate covered cherry with the liquid center, I experienced the same thing that was in the article. I could not breathe, it was like I was being strangled. I would suggest to op do some research on liquid candy before trying it.