Posts by hellie0h

She gave you an honest answer, in a round about way...it's none of your beeswax. If you like her product, why should you care about what ingredients she uses. Also, like she stated, if there is an allergy question, she would inform you if a particular ingredient is use. No charade here that I see.
I would imagine that this gentleman is remembering a taste of long ago, maybe an apple pie that grandma use to make. We do things like that when we are older, "remember when" sort of thing. My take on this, he being a transplant American, living in Australia, just wanted a pie that reminded him of home and thus felt he needed to "school" you on an American Recipe. I think you are a terrific person for doing this for him.  
A lot of people have been brainwashed into thinking there is only one digital cutter in the world, namely the Cricut....mainly because of of the exceptional advertising they do. This post is not to change die hard Cricut fans, but to let cake decorators know about other cutters as well.Linda McClure originated cutting on gum paste and icing sheets, she uses the Silhouette SD and this machine works either with the native software or a third party software like Make the Cut...
You know there are other machines on the market that cuts gumpaste and icing sheets besides that Bug. Linda McClure who invented the process and was burnt by the bug company now uses a Silhouette cutter, and you can use third party software to make your own designs and not have to buy expensive carts for heaven sake. Also a brand new cutter to be released very soon from the KNK people is the Zing. These machines leave the bug in the dust! In case you would like to look at...
I re-read your post to make sure I understood what you typed. Some of what you stated, especially from the customers point of view I agree with. An $800.00 cake should be worth every cent. However, your statement and I quote...."We always assume that it is the customer's fault. Look at the uploaded pictures in the gallery. There are works of art, unique designs, clean cakes, and then the majority that are mediocre to not very good. Also, not everyone is a great baker." I...
These modeling chocolate recipes are from joy of baking. Weigh your chocolate and note the different amounts of corn syrup for different chocolates.Dark Chocolate Modeling Paste:7 ounces (200 grams) bittersweet chocolate, chopped1/4 cup (60 ml) light corn syrupSemi-Sweet Chocolate Modeling Paste:7 ounces (200 grams) semi-sweet chocolate, chopped3 1/2 - 4 tablespoons light corn syrupWhite Chocolate Modeling Paste:7 ounces (200 grams) white chocolate, chopped1 1/2 - 2...
Jen, my reply was tongue in cheek, why I said I was in a sassy mood...yeah, I understand the too old for crappy days stuff. Sorry you took my post wrong. Next time I will use a smley or something.
Since I am in a sassy mood today, the hot hot weather, yeah I am in AC but there are things that need to be done outside, I only have this to offer....when you are in business, it comes with the territory, maybe next week you will have all sweethearts.
For goodness sake, use some common sense, it's not like you are going to jail for doing one more order that was promised before you became aware of legalities. People that make mountains out of mole hills have got to be very intense persons. You are now aware that you need license if not in a Cottage Law" state.
I agree, 6 months is really pushing it for a profit. I did not have a bakery, I owned a sandwich/pizza/beer establishment. The mortgage, insurance, utilities, supplies, license fees, accountant fees, just because fees, take its' toll on your finances. I did not have a payroll to worry about as this was my family business, but if you hire employees the payroll and taxes, workers comp., ss...well the list goes on and on. Two or three years maybe, if you can stay in business,...