Posts by JenniferRemington

What can I do to prevent my icing (buttercream)from cracking? Sometimes it does it, and sometimes it doesn't. I have tried to figure, but I can not pin point it. If I move the cake even the slightest bit, the icing cracks in a million places. What am I doing wrong?
I can not figure it out! I ice my cake in buttercream, then I go to smooth it with a paper towel, then it just cracks! Or if I move it and the cake board sags a little, it will crack! What is making my icing crack? It goes on beautifully, and then it just, well, you know, just cracks! Someone please help
I can not figure it out! I ice my cake in buttercream, then I go to smooth it with a paper towel, then it just cracks! Or if I move it and the cake board sags a little, it will crack! What is making my icing crack? It goes on beautifully, and then it just, well, you know, just cracks! Someone please help
Dido! I think pilsbury is the best! Besides, it is a little cheaper too!
Just checked out wrenscottage. My recipe is not the same as this one, but it is pretty close. Mine had whipping cream, water, and milk. Mine also calls for less gelatine, probly because I used the heavy cream.YOur recipe sounds great! Let me know how it turns out.
What's the order on the initials?Groom: Brandon JonesBride: NatishaI am doing their initials on top of the cake.Is it BJN? Pleeeaase Help!
Any one know the best way to start a cake website? How do you get your own domain name? Does every site charge you to make your own site?
I just made some today for a wedding cake. Mine was also soup. I refridgerated it for about an hour or so, and it was the consistency of whipped creme. Worked great. Mabey you should put it in the fridge?Hope this helps.
I am making a wedding cake this week, and was wondering if I can freeze the bavarian creme overnight, with the cake. I do not have a large enough refigerator, to hold the cake, but they will fit in my freezer. I like to make a day ahead, so in case anything goes wrong, I have time to make another one.Can anyone help? Thank you.
Americolor is the bomb! I have used both americolor and wilton, and I absolutely love the americolor. You can freeze the americolor, and the colors will not run! I have tried to freeze a cake decorated with the wilton colors, and as soon as the cake started to thaw, the color just started to run down the cake. For Valentines Day had had 24 small cakes sold, so I decorated them all a few days before, and just stuck them in the freezer! Not a one I had to fix! Big fan of...