Posts by FantasyLand

Thanx for all the replies .... WILL remember ALL of them in future ... AND stand my ground when I KNOW the cake was perfect when it left ... On the subject of returning her money : I felt SO bad ... here she is, no christening cake and that hours before the event ... like I said, she's a colleague of my DH and I know her fairly well. Her husband's flight was 3 times cancelled before he eventually arrived hours before she fetched the cake .... yes, I felt sorry for her...
In future ... I will state the obvious : keep cake upright! Putting a high cake (5'/12cm) on your lap, sitting dead still and chatting with your friend/the driver that you've not seen in years is still not level!! Herewith a cake that was meant for a christening of an 8year old girl, yesterday. Client picked it up late on Saturday evening with her friend and 8year old daughter, sleeping on the backseat. But ... 10 minutes later (close to her home, 15km away) she called...
Hi all you creative people, Looking for ideas - mainly what colors to use for a wonky cake for a 30 year old male.The client sent me a picture of a (single tier) wonky cake in 3 (sort of) equally devided "sections" ... top part is with polka dots, 2nd part is a "clear" strip .. maybe to use a texture of some sort ? and the bottom is covered with vertical stripes (+- 1/2" wide). An edible number 30 with stars on top round it off ... she mentioned something about silver ......
Thanx for your time Linda!!
Forgive me if the answer to my question(s) are here somewhere on CC, but I cannot find what I'm looking for ...I'm real lazy at heart ... and thus I'm looking for a (relative) easy way to make a gingerbread house ... Also have loads of friends that would like to assemble it with their children, without baking it .... I would be the baker/Santa Claus in other words ...What do you think of the Wilton Gingerbread House Pan? That the route to go? I know the cookie cutter...
Here's a bump, but it sounds like you have answered your own question ...?
Bump Anybody else ... ?
Verina ... do you own a cricut now? If so, CONGRATS!! Cannot believe I bump into you here ... I'm also on the lookout for a cricut, to use for scrapbooking, quilting and now cake decorating. Cannot WAIT to order ... BUT, 1 question : seeing that it's an electrical "appliance", is it dual voltage? Do you have a place in SA that sell them or are you going to order from the States?Hope to hear from you soon ...
Never thank you peg818 ... it worked perfectly (yes, it's a silicone mold).
Recently bought the Sunflower Sugar Art mini bugs mold ... what a delight for the eye ... but boy oh boy ... how do you get those tiny little bugs out of the mods? Let the Gumpaste dry in it and hope for the best the next day ... also, to paint it when dry rather than to try to use different colours of gp right? Especially on those butterflies with the super thick wings ... Need your help ... need to do over 50 bugs in the next week ...