Posts by Jealena

If anyone has made this before, did you ever refrigerated it? I would like to do this ahead of time and was wondering about freezing vs refrigerated vs room temperature. No eggs but has lots of butter. If you did freeze it on cupcakes, how long do you think it would need to thaw before serving? Would love to freeze it only between now and Saturday so they remain fresh tasting but don't have time to do all Sat morning? Suggestions Please?????
Thank you, That's exactly what I did, but on one of the threads I read on here it said to neutralize with a little bit of blue color which I did and that really helped tone down the pink.... Surprised it turned pink with brown color, was really disappointing but all is good now. Thanks again for your suggestion, really helps!!!
I am preparing BC icing for a wedding cake and decided I would make it look a darker shade of ivory, and added a drop of gel brown coloring, now it looks pink to me.  It looked more ivory before I added the brown because I used reg color vanilla flavoring, what can I do to make it look ivory again??  Please...
Thanks for the answers, great idea to do around cake pans...That's perfect..  As always best advice on CC....
Of course, sorry!!!  Ingredients:  Confx sugar, gum tragacanth and water.  Thanks...
May have been answered somewhere on here so sorry, couldn''t find, but if you are using some lace molds with mexican gumpaste, can you do this ahead of time and would the lace remain soft and pliable to be able to place on the cake???   Thanks .....
Don't know how to do the quilling but love the look....I vote "NO" for doing your own cake!!! I did my daughters 5 tier cake and with rehearsals, hair appt, family pulling at you every which way, and a million details to handle beside the cake. It puts a lot of stress you just shouldn't have to deal with not only on your very special day, but the week leading up to it!!!!!
Thanks for letting me know Jason-Lisa, yes that oil on the ribbon sure seems to change things up. Anyway, right now I have put it all together with BC icing and so far so good!! It seems to be on my test one well enough w/o any bulging or looking like it will fall off, hope a real cake will hold it just as well. I will give it the rest of the day and let you know when it dries really well if stays on!!! It looks cute, don't think it would be a idea if the ribbon was...
Yes, I have tried the tape but it won't stick, I guess because of the oil coating....but thanks!
Jason-Lisa, , that sounds good, I will get the glue dots, is that what they are called? I will get them in the morning and give it a try, certainly nothing to lose and everything to gain. I think it would give it a nicer look more finished look as well. I Can put it together on a trial cake and see what happens, would love for it to work that easy...Cute daughter's name as well!!!!