Posts by iownajane

I'm not "pro" either...I've been paid for a couple of wedding cakes...which were SUPER stressful to do...and I give A LOT away..But you CANNOT sell yourself short like this...$50.00 covers nothing...your original $80.00 wouldn't cover it either...this would be giving them a pretty hefty wedding gift...and as previous posters have said,you'll probably have problems with them all the way through...I just refused an order from "a friend of the sister of a friend of my...
Seriously wouldn't buy it.......against my "scratch" religion.....He/the show is entertaining,just like "Cake Boss"..but when you see several people doing what you do yourself alone...well...So many people on here do such gorgeous cakes..way more detailed and intricate..mine don't spin/spew/smoke or whatever,but the biggest compliments I get are "my god it was good!" and " it was gorgeous!"My biggest fear is that somebody doesn't like the taste of the cake!!
Bobwonderbuns and linedancer..fabulous cookies...all the methods turned out fantastic! I want a printer too....someday...LOL!I put edible images on with thinned piping gel..so that's an option too.
You're welcome...it came with the recipe...I usually chill the dough,and then roll,cut,and re chill the shapes before baking...between the parchment sheets..
Got this one from another list...they're not bad at all! from kitchengifts.com......CHOCOLATE ROLLED COOKIES1 cup unsalted butter2/3 cup granulated sugar1/2 cup brown sugar1 large egg2 Tbsp extra-strong coffee or chocolate liqueur1/2 cup cocoa powder3 cups all-purpose flour1/2 tsp baking soda1/4 tsp saltCream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar for 2 minutes.Scrape the bowl and cream the mixture for an additional minute. Beat in the eggand coffee or...
I've only used satin ice....usually I put the "base layer" at 1/8inch...and anything on top at 1/16th or less...I used to "build" the coverings and rush to get them on the hot/warm cookies...now I use piping gel..I found that sometimes there were bubbles if I applied on a hot cookie.I have also let them cool a bit,add fondant,and then put them back into the oven for a minute...usually works,sometimes bumps...so I use the piping gel to adhere to the cookie ....if I do...
Hi!Have a look at Golda's Kitchen...they're Canadain...in Toronto,so you won't have customs,etc...they show "block" upper case and numbers....put tappits in the search box...you'll get a page of them...I find their service is wonderful,and fast..HTH
Jaime...I have rounds...would I use 2 8" round pans...or just one...seems like a lot for just one..Thanks!
I want to try this too...but the recipe doesn't say what size pan? Any ideas?thanks!
another bump...........