Posts by ColeAlayne

How long do you think this frosting will be okay to set out at a reception before it starts to "melt"? http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Raspberry-Walnut-Torte-2It is 1 1/2 c whipped cream to 1 pkg of cream cheese.
The cake is not decorated, just bc covered in fondant and frozen. I wrapped in plastic wrap and foil. Should I thaw it unwrapped or leave the cake wrapped? They are not in boxes.
The more I search the forums, I think you can freeze and thaw successfully. My only debate now is whether to thaw in the saran wrap or remove the wrap prior to thawing. I've seen people post about both methods.
Thanks Cat! I've been researching. Some say to let the cake thaw completely wrapped and others mention unwrapping before thawing. I'm not sure which would work better. I'd be worried about moisture getting trapped inside the wrap and creating "goo" during thawing.
Finished a fondant engagement cake only to find out the party was moved to next weekend. Can I freeze a simple fondant covered cake? I've never tried this before.
I have a very simple fondant covered (Satin Ice) cake decorated with satin ribbon. The party has been moved to next weekend but the cake is already finished. Can I freeze the cake somehow? I can take the ribbon off and reapply it after thawing???
I would love to make the Cat in the Hat, hat for 30 people. I realize I will need some support in the middle, etc. Will I need a center dowel and cake plates between?
I would love to make the Cat in the Hat, hat for 30 people. I realize I will need some support in the middle, etc. Will I need a center dowel and cake plates between?
I have confidence in the SPS but if you breathe on buttercream wrong it gets a mark. With fondant, it firms up. When I stack fondant there are not many marks to repair. I cannot seem to master the art of stacking the buttercream without having to do some major repair work. The tiers are 12/10/8/6. I could do as others have suggested and stack the bottom 2 and top 2. when I get there I could add a border if needed and finish up. It may reduce my stress level and...
My cousin's wedding is this weekend. Its an hour away. She has requested a 4 tier, white on white buttercream main cake on to which I will place fresh flowers. I'm debating...do I transport it stacked and fully decorated or frost each tier, and then stack and decorate once I get there. I will be using SPS but buttercream is a pain and the roads here in the midwest are awful.