Posts by Ishi

I am extremely frustrated because I am working on a wedding cake and the bride wants the middle tier black so I thought I'd make it easy on myself (black MMF is a nightmare to make!) and buy the black Choco-pan. For $30 I was expecting it to be a dream to work with but it is giving me major headaches! Hard, cracking and tearing like crazy. I've already covered the same cake twice and it still looks terrible. Not up to my standards but I am considering leaving it and...
I'm doing 3 little 6" cakes for a customer who wants her church class of teenage girls to experience the different flavors of wedding cakes. I'm doing one chocolate w. cookies and cream filling and white BC, another is a classic white cake w. a strawberry fruit filling and white BC and I'm having "cake block" when it comes to the 3rd. I'd like to use the white cake/white BC combo again but use a fabulous filling that will make it taste completely different than the others....
Thanks so much!!!
What does 12 oz of fondant look like? I'm imagining that it is about the size of a softball but I have no real idea (and no scale.) I added 2 tsp. to the fondant I made on Tuesday and it doesn't seem to be hardening any faster than MMF normally does. I think I may have added it wrong, though. I added it while I was still adding powdered sugar so I have no clue if I actually picked up all of it.I made another batch today and I plan on adding the Gum-Tex to the already...
Ok. I feel pretty comfortable with MMF now but I am making a little cityscape of MMF buildings and want them to dry hard so they will stand up straight. I've read that you can add Gum-Tex to a batch of MMF to make it dry harder so I went out this morning bought Gum-Tex. Here's my question: How much of the Gum-Tex should I add to a normal batch of MMF (using 16 oz. marshmallows)? Also, to add it do I just knead it into the already prepared fondant? AND Will these be...
Oh, I love the idea of the plastic tablecover. Quick and easy! Thanks ladies!
I'm making a batman cake for my nephews. I attached my sketch. I was wondering, is there a way that I can make the cake base look like a city street around the perimeter of the cake without using black fondant? I guess I will if I have to but I was hoping to avoid it. Any ideas?
Oh, so sorry about your daughter! I'll keep that in mind. Can you tell me how much of the Gum-tex to add to a regular batch of MMF (16 oz. marshmallow)? Does it change the consistency of the MMF? How long will it need to dry before putting on the cake? Thanks for your help!
I'm making a cake for my son's b-day that includes small 3D buildings and I want to use MMF to cover the front of the buildings. I'd like for it to be stiff. How do I make MMF dry super-stiff?!
I started by reading Dr. Phil's Ultimate Weight Solution. It really helped me work through all my issues with food. A great book! Changed my life. I continue to maintain my weight by eating well and running and playing tennis (and occasional weight training.) I have to admit that I bake a lot less than I used to. It was just too tempting for me to eat. But if you can resist, than bake away! Good luck!