Posts by cookierookie

I just shipped 125 individually wrapped cookies 1100 miles away via Express Mail ($70) through the local post office with no glitches. They were assorted baby shower designs wrapped with ribbon and even a favor tag on each, no problems. I put two layers of cookies in 6 different sturdy pizza boxes with tissue paper between the layers, then laid a piece of the small bubble wrap on top. Taped each box shut. Then used the large bubble wrap under and on top of each pizza...
Cakey - I've frozen decorated and non-decorated cookies and not had any problem. I recently did an order for 400 wedding cookies, so I baked a couple of weeks before and froze them, then the week of the wedding I took out daily what I thought I could get done and refroze again so I could move on to the next bunch. I thawed and wrapped on Friday, wedding on Saturday. They were a hit and taste was not affected at all by freezing. I do this all the time. I use a basic...
Me again. Thanks for everyone's comments! Your cookies are beautiful and very helpful too! About the disco dust, how is it applied? Do you mix it with anything,?
verono - your cookies are gorgeous!! That's like what I had in mind. Does anyone know where to get disco dust or the jewel thingys? Is disco dust similar to glitter, maybe?
What can I add to crown cookies for accents? I've got to make some for a queen contest in June and I'm wanting to jazz them up nicely. I'll be using Antonia's royal icing. In the past I've used dragees and crystal sugar for accents, but I always worry about someone breaking a tooth on a dragee. Is that possible? And, just for info, the contest has different age categories, ranging from ages 4-18, so I also worry about a choking hazard for the younger contestants. Is...
I was looking for the same thing a couple of weeks ago for an order this weekend. I, too, was unsuccessful. So, I ended up creating my own pattern by selecting a font from MS Office, printing it out, enlarging it, then traced it onto my pattern. Of course, cutting them out in dough was a chore, but I'm hopeful all the work will pay off. If they're decent when complete, I 'll post a picture this weekend. Anyway, I hope someone comes up with an easier solution, quick!!
Has anyone ever done these via this process? I have a request to make the ring cookie with a gold band. I have the gold luster dust and thought I'd use it for the band. My question is, do I basecoat the band with gold or white RI? I read here that I ice first then paint over the RI with the dust/extract mixture after the RI dries. Is that right? Assistance please, I need to start on these tomorrow night and I know that I came to the right place for guidance! Thanks...
Can someone explain how to make silver or gold RI? I've read about mixing luster dust with extract or vodka, then painting it on, does that mean you don't use a piping bag? Is it applied via a paint brush? When they say extract, what kind of extract do you use? About how much? And, one more question I need to make the engagement ring and the customer wants the band to be gold, so do I basecoat with gold RI, then brush with luster dust the next day, would that work? ...
I found the tags shown here at Michael's in the wedding section. There are 40 to a package at $3.99 each. They're perforated for tearing apart as well as the little hole punch. In the past I've always run off things from my printer and cut them apart and such, but was thrilled when I found these tags ready to rip apart. I've got a wedding order for 400 cookies in a couple of weeks and needed to speed up the packaging process. So, I bought all they had at Michael's...
Great ideas! Thank you all so much! I knew I came to the right place with my question. Now I probably won't be able to sleep tonight with all the ideas running through my mind.And yes, the cookies are for a girl. I'm excited to make these, the family just adopted the little girl about 6 mos ago and are having a big celebration for her first birthday. I'm thrilled to have a part in their/her big day!