Posts by msmith

I get mine on line at the box shop... it's brpboxshop.com
I don't know why they say they are not edible. I have been eating them since I was a kid! My grandma put them on all of her Christmas cookies! Maybe that's why I am the way I am??
I taught a "cake decorating for dummies" after work last week. I taught them how to ice a cake, how to fill a cake and how to make roses...the girls were all amazed a how easy it all looked, but how hard it was for them to do it. It may have been the best thing I've done, because now these gals understand why cakes cost what they cost!!
OK - the gals at my "regular job" want me to hold a little work shop after work to show them some basic techniques. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am kinda selfish about my recipes. But I like the gals I work with. What would you show them as far as basics go??
I just got a 4.5 kitchenaide last week. It was in the paper for $75. YAY! No scratches or anything! I love it. When I was making butter cream in it...I threw a dish towel over it when I added the powdered sugar...to keep the mess in the bowl! It was awesome! Yeah - it's heavy...but I leave it out on the counter - so I'm not lugging it around!
SO JEALOUS!!! I was just telling a friend how badly I wanted one...she told me that she has one that she has only used once. It's sitting in her cupboard in a box. I told her that I would buy it from her...she told me her mother bought it for her as a wedding gift. Her mom passes away several years ago. So I don't think she's going to part with it. I think there should be a rescue group for kitchen aids that are sitting UNUSED in cupboards of non-bakers! The poor...
I worked in a bakery in a grocery store. One morning the septic sytem backed up through the floor drains onto the bakery floor. The manager had us mopping it up...and told us to continue baking etc. Yeah - it was on the floor of the proofer also!!! Remember - this was a LICENSED establishment. One of the employees, after our arguing with her that it was unsafe, called the health dept. (on her break). They came - told us to stop - made us put everything in the...
For my own little twist to the chocolate cake version, I add about 3/4 teaspoon of apple pie spice. It just bumps up the flavor a bit and people love my chocolate cake. They always say they can't put their finger on what's different about it!
Thanks! This gal said her dessert was included in her catering price...so she didn't want a bunch of cake that wasn't going to be eaten. I can see that! She wants to be able to cut the top layer for pictures. She seems super nice. But we know they all start out that way! LOLOL!! Well - I'll get back with her and let her know. It would be great exposure for me. It's at a big/nice resort in the town where I live. I've done a couple of small things, but not a...
OH - I am interested too...I think I have a kitchen lined up...working on the "fine print". YAY!!