Posts by sweetness_221

I've always loved to bake since I was a little girl. My best friends grandmother taught me how. I loved baking, but never decorated until my middle child was turning 1. I "attempted" to decorate her cake. It was horrible looking. Tasted great, but looked like a 2 year old made it. Then I decided I was going to make my youngest child's first birthday cake and it turned out really well. Ever since then I've made all of my kids birthday cakes and now I make cakes for my...
I was going to make cookies with MMF on top of them and was wondering if you could freeze them afterwards. I'm making them for favors for my DD's birthday and was wanting to make them ahead of time. I know you can freeze frosted cookies, but wasn't sure about MMF cookies. Thanks in advance.
I'm not sure what it's called where you are, but almond bark is basically chocolate candy coating. It's like wilton's candy melts. You can find this stuff in grocery stores, by the chocolate chips and it just comes in vanilla and chocolate flavors. HTH.
I used 10" rounds on the bottom of mine. You could definately go smaller if you wanted. My Pooh pan is packed away at the moment so I can't get you exact dimensions. So HTH.
My oldest DD wanted me to make it with red velvet. I had to draw the line at a one year olds birthday. Didn't want to scar the poor child.
I just made my DD's castle cake turrets out of ice cream cones dipped in white chocolate and sugar. It's in my pictures. I almost bought the set, but figured I could make it myself just as easy. Plus I read where some people were having problems keeping the turrets standing. I also didn't want to mess with fondant. I'm a BC kind of girl. HTH.
I made the pooh cake...it's in my pictures. Basically you just have to make sure that you use a cookie sheet underneath it to catch any that might over flow. When I made it only a small amount actually went over. Just make sure your clips are on tight. I used a plain yellow box mix and it stood up very well. As for cutting poor pooh. We beheaded him first. It was rather gruesome. Then after his head was off we split him and then just cut pieces off. After I made it I...
I made cut out cookies with cake mix a while back. All I did was add some flour to the recipe after it was mixed to stiffen it up so I could roll it out. I think I used roughly 1/4 of a cup. Maybe a little more. I wasn't really measuring closely. It worked out well. HTH.
I feel your pain with Dr's. For the past year I've been having leg and arm weakness and bouts of paralysis in my legs. I've gone to 5 Dr's and no one knows what's wrong with me. They've given me probably a dozen different diagnoses and none of them were right. I've even been on medication for things that I didn't even have. Just to see if it would help. The last Dr. I just saw says that it's basically all in my head. At that point I just wanted to smack him. Ughhhh!! So...
My daughter had a bake sale at school just recently. It was just for the kids in her school. (No adults/Parents) I sent dipped oreo ladybugs like the ones in my pics. I also sent chocolate chip brownies. Needless to say the kids weren't impressed with the ladybugs, but went nuts over the brownies. So IMO I would send something simple as well. I was really excited because I thought they would go crazy over the ladybugs. Nope. They wanted the brownies. Oh well. Not much I...