Posts by Skirt

I made the fondant cars ahead of time. I colored them using americolor food markers. The day before I just made the cakes, dirty iced them and stuck the fondant cars on top. HTH For track you could use fondant, pipe icing with straight edge of basket weave tip, use licorice.
Halesgirl, you put my train to shame! Your train looks awesome!
Thanks Halesgirl! Me? Do a video? Funny funny....
I would look up elephant cakes to see if there are any how-tos out there...
In the end, I rolled out fondant, dusted both sides with a bit of corn starch and pressed it into the corn starch dusted mold. I let it sit overnight. I pulled out the hardened fondant, dusted it off then colored it using edible ink pens.I found putting the fondant on the inside was easier than the outside since if it tore on a corner you could repair using an extra piece of fondant and it didn't really show on the finished piece.I hope this helps someone else one day who,...
Final result. Not ooh la la but not too bad...
I dusted the cavity with corn starch, rolled the fondant out then pressed it in. I let it sit overnight. I trimmed the edges with an Xacto. I gently coaxed it out. Because the cakes retract a bit after cooking, there is room to ice and then place the molded piece of fondant on top. Today I will mold more then try my hand at painting. Did I mention high school art is the one subject I failed?!?
I molded the cavity of the pan with fondant. It turned out nice but now I have to figure out how to accent/color it
Tried making poured fondant/icing, epic fail. used a recipe that calls for confectioners sugar. I might try regular sugar tomorrow. Is it possible i heated the sugar mixture too fast? Discouraged but not defeated...
First attempt: I'm not crazy about it. Seems very flat. Poured icing is next