Posts by peasacake

Try using half fondant and half gumpaste.
Great! Thank you!!!
It's Monday night and I just got a cake for Thursday afternoon I want to place a few bows on. I just made them and am worried they won't dry in time. I would like to complete the cake wed. night. My husband suggested placing them in a low oven, but I don't know. Any advice? Thanks!!!
Thank you all so much! I will make a template and be careful not to stretch the fondant when picking it up...plenty of powdered sugar/cornstarch underneath when rolling. Any reccomendations on where to buy an impression mat? How exactly do you use it?
Hi there! This IS my most popular holiday cookie that I make...1 cup(1/2lb) unsalted butter, room temp.1 cup sugar1 egg2 1/2 tsp. vanilla1/2 tsp. salt2 1/2 cups flourCombine butter and sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla and salt. Stir in flour until well mixed.Pack dough into cookie press. Press onto ungreased baking sheets spaced an inch apartfrom one another.Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes. I like to color half my dough red and...
I often see this pattern on the bottom tier of whimsical cakes...large fondant diamond shapes. Sometimes it looks like the diamonds are cut out and then attached to the cake. Other times it seems like a second layer of fondant may have been placed over the cake and then the diamonds cut out. Does anyone have any advice/technique on how to make this diamond pattern? Thank you!
Well, I didn't do the wrap a round, but another cake as seen in the Spectacular Cakes book that uses chocolate plastic. I used her dark and white chocolate plastics. The dark worked great, the white not so great....it never firmed up so I had to play and find something that would make it work. Chocolate, especially good quality white chocolate, is not cheap to have a recipe that calls for 3# 14 oz. flop. The end result was beautiful though. Very happy! It will be...
I would like to know single layer and double layer serving numbers for a 12 by 18 and also a 11 by 15. Also, is a full sheet classified as two 12 by 18's?
WOW! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! The cake is due next Wedenesday. I'm excited! Hope all goes well. I'll post pics!
Any recommendations as to where I can buy cocoa butter? Thanks!