Posts by peasacake

Sometimes I can get them out in a string as to set them on the cake in a strand (a gumpaste firmness works better this way compared to fondant) and other times they come out stretched apart, then I clip them apart with scissors and take each individual pearl, roll between my hands and set them on individually. You can dust the inside of the mold with pearl dust, but I like to use cornsaterch, then when I'm done rolling all of the pearls I place them in a baggie and...
That's what I thought. Will do. Thank you both for your time!!
I would like to wrap a fondant ribbon with bow around each base of three tiers separated by pillars. I would like to do so that no cake board/base is exposed, only ribbon. Should I be concerened that the fondant ribbon will slide off of the cake once the cake sits through the reception and the IMBC becomes room temp? If so, I will have to have the cake board show a little so the the fondant cannot slide off. Anyone with experience of using this combination of fondant on...
I would like to wrap a fondant ribbon with bow around each base of three tiers separated by pillars. I would like to do so that no cake board/base is exposed, only ribbon. Should I be concerened that the fondant ribbon will slide off of the cake once the cake sits through the reception and the IMBC becomes room temp? If so, I will have to have the cake board show a little so the the fondant cannot slide off. Anyone with experience of using this combination of fondant...
Interesting! I'll have to check it out. I can 100% relate...JoAnn's/Micheals
I have never frozen a fondant covered cake, and I wouldn't recommend it, but I have refrigerated fondant cakes with perishable fillings and they have been fine. However, I have frozen fondant after I've made it, wrapped it tightly in plastic wrap and placed it in a baggie. When I take it out and let it defrost in the fridge for overnight/a day it's perfect. I would make it ahead and keep it in a cool dry place. I believe this is why fondant became so popular... because...
Beaut-eee-ful!!! What is Pearl Ex powder (on the stamp isle @ Micheals) and ETOH?They are going to LOVE them!
I don't know how I managed to get two of my posts on CC that are identical...Sorry! Anyhow, I got a Air Master Kopy Kake and LOVE IT! I will be taking it slow though. I can't imagine getting a cake covered in fondant and ready to go then accidentally making the color too dark/bright etc, and having to redo it! I've learned that the paper towel is my new best friend!What about luster dusts? I've read a little bit...mix it and shake it with Everclear. Any advice? I've...
You know, I didn't notice that at all. The compressor I have is adjustable so that I can regulate how much air comes out. I had it on high when I was cleaning it out with water and it did mist like crazy, hence what you have seen maybe?
Got one! The Air Master Kopy Kake. I'm already having so much fun! This opens up a whole new realm to decorating! Thanks for your information...I've got the Airbrush colors, so I'm ready to roll!