Posts by cakeladyofga

I had this happen just last month. I did wedding cake (as a gift) but was asked if I would like my name and number on a list of other people helping out with the wedding (DJs, flowers...etc). I said "no" because I'm not a legal. But I could have kicked myself for not getting all my ducks in a row for the inspection. I thought it was a great way to get more customers, if they liked the cake.
Thanks everyone. And no this didn't happen to me. I did give a wedding cake as a gift a few weeks ago. Along the way I thought about "What if....". The cake arrived all in one piece(thank goodness!). But I did scared myself silly.
I was wondering. If you get a wedding cake order. It's been payed for. On delivery day, something happens and the cake is ruined beyond repair(car accident whatever it may be). What sort of refund do you give, if any?
I was wondering. If you get a wedding cake order. It's been payed for. On delivery day, something happens and the cake is ruined beyond repair(car accident whatever it may be). What sort of refund do you give, if any?
About 3 weeks ago I went to an auction and was able to get a Lang electric full size convection oven. They said it worked when they went to get it. But couldn't promise me anything. I got it for $125 and it works great! Take a look at the site DoubleTakeAucions.com I haven't bid on anything...Yet
I've never used magic shell on a cake before but I have on ice cream. But when the ice cream melts and come to room temp so does the magic shell. It does kept it shape some what but is very soft. I found a bowl that "had" ice cream w/magic shell on it under my DDs bed this morning! Why not use a chocolate ganache? 1 cup chocolate chips 3 tbls heavy whipping cream...melt in microwave thats for a small amount hth
ok so the attachment didn't work...goto www.babushkabarkery.com Quinceanera cakes....5th cake over on the 1st line....fushia sweet 16 Thanks again
I'm doing this cake for a co-worker of mine(my gift to them). 4 tier, 14,12,10,8. I'm not covering it in fondant, just the accents. She also wanted color changes. Pink and Orange. Pink diamonds around the bottom tier, pink-orange & silver dots around 3 tier, pink 2 tier, pink and orange diamonds around top. Minus the flags and leaves. Ok, so how much pink fondant? Will 4 lbs. be enough? They are going to buy all the supplies for me. So, I've got a list together...
I have a wedding cake do on june 27th for a co-worker(my gift to them). Here's my plan...baking on tues and wed., making the buttercream and icing all the cakes on thurs., then putting fondant pieces on fri. I also work full time and I really only get to work on my cakes very late at night. lol I think this one is gonna be an all nighter! hth
It must be going around. I was doubling a cake batter this weekend. As I went down the list puting double of everything in the bowl, until I got to the flour and sugar. Which I didn't double. I remembered after they were in the oven. It turns out my family couldn't tell the differnce either!