Posts by cocobean

Hi, I am looking for an experienced cake decorator who is located in South Eastern Idaho.  A cousin of mine lives there and is looking for a great cake decorator.  She knows I do wedding cakes but I live in Salt Lake City.  I told her I would put the word out.  Please send me a private message if you know someone, please add their website or facebook page so I can check them out.  Thanks so much!!  Colleen
I have used the WASC cake recipe using Betty Crocker cake mix for years.  All of a sudden it sinks every time in baking.  Is anyone else having a problem and know where to adjust the recipe.  Like I said I have used it for YEARS but now the last couple of months have been terrible!!
I'm interested in getting an airbrush sprayer and wondering the brand that is most reccomended and user friendly?
I like this formula for sheet cake slices to be 1"x4"x4". 9"x13"x4"... serves 29......................................................................................12"x18"x4"... serves 54.....................................................................................16"x24""x4"... serves 96I charge 4.00 per serving so the 9"x13 would be 116.00.................................................12"x18" would be...
Thanks aturdor4! Can't wait to try the white cake recipe! I will get back with you!
Hi atudor4, so I made your chocolate cake recipe today. I realy like it but I did add a little more cocoa pd. The batter was yummy,the cake had a good taste and texture, dense enough for a wedding cake, it also rose well in the pan.I would love to know if you have a white cake recipe from pastry school that calls for high ratio shortening also. Would you be will to share that? Thanks so much. I would love to try it!
Yes, I have used it but it doesn't raise well. I'm looking to try another recipe.
Looking for a great vanilla cake recipe that raises high in the pan at 325 degrees and is a sturdy cake. Love to try some new ones.
Thank you I did try that and the color is better but it really makes the consistance extra soft. Any help with that?
atudor4 I would like to try this recipe also. ? I guess the cocoa pulver is just cocoa powder but 3oz. doesn't seem like enough for the rest of the ingredients. Just wondering because my scratch chocolate cake has at least 8oz. with less of the other ingredients.