Posts by adontee

I have a question for anyone that has done a cake challenge. I have been selected to do the challenge and I am sooooo nervous. Can someone that has done them fill me in on maybe some tips on what I might expect? What maybe I need to do to prepare myself. I know this sounds silly but I have never had to do cakes in front of judges.My theme I would like to do an elegant tea party but I dont really know where to start. I have never made tea cups but they look so cool. Does...
Heres a little tip that might help. you can use new fishing line holding it tight, use a back and forth motion all the way accross while the cake is still in the pan. Make sure the cake is cold. Also you can pop your cake out of the pan after its cool enough and place the same size cake circles inside of the cake pan using as many as you might need to raise the cake up to see the cake where it needs to be cut only raise it up enough to see where the pan line is on the...
Thank you for the reply. I agree with you on the dimensions but she chose this style for her cake. It will be stacked not separated at all. Yes I have done cakes with ribbon many times but never with whipped cream. Its too wet and causes the ribbon to look spotty and damp. I think I might try to talk to her about changing up the size, I don’t think she really understands how it works.
Ok I have a question for anyone that wants to answer. I have a customer that wants a 5 tier cake. 14' 12' 10' 8' 6' its for a june wedding. She wants bavarian cream filling and fresh fruit...also for it to be iced in whipped icing. We use a whipped cream with stabilizers but I am still scared to agree to do this cake. This cake is suppose to have ribbon and fresh roses on it. There is no way that I know of to put ribbon on a cake without it looking like crap!! Plus how in...
Thank you all for responding to my post. I do work very hard and love what I do so I put allot into my cakes and do everything free hand... all of you are right some people have no idea what goes into those cakes. I appreciate the compliments that were gave to me on this cake... he has turned allot of heads in the store lol.Thanks all!
Thank you for your response, now I dont feel dumb about the price I put on my cakes... I put allot of love into them..
Greetings everyone.. I have a question. how much should you charge for a sculpted cake? I mean I made some cakes for the store that I work at for halloween. I have a $75.99 price tag on the scull that I call Henry and My frankenstein is priced at $95.99 is that too much? Some people that come into the store love the cakes and the art work but quickly say that price is too much. The scull would feed about 25 people and the frankenstein would feed about 40. Its an upperscale...
Greetings everyone.. I have a question. how much should you charge for a sculpted cake? I mean I made some cakes for the store that I work at for halloween. I have a $75.99 price tag on the scull that I call Henry and My frankenstein is priced at $95.99 is that too much? Some people that come into the store love the cakes and the art work but quickly say that price is too much. The scull would feed about 25 people and the frankenstein would feed about 40. Its an upperscale...