Posts by heatherLhorton

You are right. And, thank you Lori for posting one last time. We both agree, it seems, that this should end.Feel free to go on, but know that we are over it =).Thanks for caring enough to rant and such! Keep it up and lets not all take everything so seriously next time on here. This IS a place to rant and ask for help and advice. We are all in this together. I got offended, I said what I had to say and now we have worked it out. I am happy with the outcome.I'm with Lori...
Thanks again for all the support. I know now what I should have done and what I plan to do. I am thankful that you are all out there (even the ones who seem unfriendly, I know you are just telling it like it is). There will be NO small claims court. I'm certainly not ready for that. If I do not get my payment, I will chaulk this one up to a learning experience and move on. I will be making adjustments to my contract (adding a sig. page for delivery, etc.) and having them...
Well, thanks to all of you! I appreciate your thoughts. Like I said before, this was my FIRST unhappy customer so I really didn't know what to do! You must have missed the part where I said that I already gave the check back =(. As it seems...I should not have done this. The thought in my head at the time was, if she is going to cancel it anyway...then I'll just give it back.So, that is my delima now.The more I read, the more confident I am that I did nothing wrong. She...
Hello all! I'm hoping someone can give me some insight on what to do about this. I've been creating cakes for about 4 1/2 years now and have NEVER had a problem with an unhappy customer before. HELP!My hubby and I delivered and setup a 4 Tier (6,8,10,12 inch) Square Cake stacked. It was a simple cake, just like the simple cake in the picture that the bride gave to me. I warned her that it would not look exactly like the picture because in the picture (from what I could...
OH, and I use clear Rubbermaid Tubs so I can see if the cake is wobbling or not.
I have just recently started transporting my cakes stacked. I LOVE IT! It is kind of scary traveling with them stacked, but so, so, so much easier. Depending on the height of the cake though. It it is a 4 or 5 tier, I might stack 1/2 and 1/2 and then assemble the rest on site. I do put a dowel rod through the entire cake to keep it sturdy. I have a PT Cruiser so the hatchback makes life a little easier. OH and my husband is always there to help me! He is a trooper! We came...
Thank you ladies for the responses to my post. Yes, it was a year ago when this message and question was posted for CC'ers. But, to my amazement I just found it last night. I frequent CC, but just now found this and to know that our relationship that we do have, and have had for the past year might be fake, it does bother me and I felt the need to express that.I understand asking others for advice (isn't that what this is all about ). I just couldn't leave it be as it is...
I stumbled upon all of these posts while searching for some advice about a Wedding Cake problem I had last weekend. To my amazement, I figured out that you all are talking about ME! Or at least I am pretty sure you are talking about me. I am the one who will be opening a shop about 2 blocks from Lori. You all are pretty harsh….especially not knowing the background or even knowing anything about the other person. I attended my first ICES convention last year and everyone...