Posts by grumpyx07

Surprisingly, I have yet to have to do any gold/silver cookies until now. lol I probably should have remembered to check this all before, but of course I didn't. So any help to my question would be greatly appreciated.Luster dust I've seen that it is "Non-Toxic", however not a food product. Does that mean it's not edible? Especially if it's not FDA approved? I'm so confused, I've seen tons of cookies painted with gold or silver. I just don't understand how if it's not...
Thanks! No, not for a paying customer. For my niece's party I just wanted to make sure it was safe to use, and the dough wasn't bad. I would make another batch if I had the stuff at home and time....but I'm in a rush. :-/
I'm sure the answer is here somewhere, but I'm in a rush and can't look it up. I have to finish Mickey cookies for my nieces birthday this weekend, and I'm short two cookies! I have some left over no fail sugar cookie dough in the freezer from April 8th, which makes is 6 months old. I've never used dough that's been in there that long.It's wrapped in wax paper, then double bagged in Ziploc freezer bags. Would it be okay just to use for two-three cookies?Any advice/help...
I've searched the forum and didn't see any topics for expiration, so I apologize if it's been asked. But, do edible images expire?I had an order for 8 dozen cookies with images and it's been cut to 5 dozen, but I have 3 dozen images left. How long are they safe to use?Also, I found some images from about 2 years ago (that I thought I lost) and would love to still use. The edges of the sheets have cracked, but they still look good. If they aren't safe to eat, you think...
I got an order yesterday for 4 dozen cookies for a woman's 40th birthday to be delivered this Friday night. The client picked four designs: a party hat, present, balloons, and circle with "40" on it. She didn't specify any colors just that they be feminine.I have the cookies all baked, but the color combo is driving me NUTS, lol. I'd like to pick three colors and have them look elegant not kiddie. What do you guys think? Any suggestions?I'm thinking brown, turquoise or...
Thank you for the reply. I'm gonna try your advice, hopefully they'll come out just as nice. IF I wanted to try and edible image on a fondant disc any suggestions on how to get it to stick to the fondant? Thanks again.
I'm trying edible images for the first time on cupcakes for my sister, kind of like these from Eleni's...I've seen a lot of home bakers and bakeries do them, and I was just wondering how you would do it or if you have some tips/techniques that are better than others?Do you use crusting buttercream? Dome or flat cupcakes? Apply icing with tip for spatula? Edible image directly on the icing or put on a fondant disc to get it completely flat at the top? Sprinkles before or...
Just curious if anyone knows of someone good crafts fairs or shows taking place in Central, NJ for October?I have a few lined up for November and December, but I desperately want to show off my Halloween goodies!
No one? I've seen so many beautiful cookies with images, surely someone out there has a little advice they'd be willing to share.
I've gotten very into making decorated cookies, and have pretty much changed everything I do to just cookies. I find that it's what I'm better at, and what people that buy from me love more. I keep seeing edible images on cookies though, such as company logos. How is that done? When do you place the image? I was thinking about it and wouldn't the wet RI bleed through? I can do most logos with just RI, but I'd really like to try the edible images. Any help or advice is much...