Posts by ckiecrumb

Just wondering how I should price a sweet sixteen cake?? Do you price it as a normal party cake or more like a wedding cake? This lady really doesnt care what it tastes like (thats a quote) she only cares that it is the main decor of the party. She also wants scroll work and little rhinestones placed on the cake. (Which is going to be a little time consuming).So what do you think? (Oh and the size is 2-tiered in sizes 8/10 fondant covered.)Thanks! - Ckiecrumb
I have to laugh! I don't normally read any of these messages, but your subject matter caught my attention! I personally have 3 cats and fortunately none of them have been attracted in the least to my cakes - HOWEVER! I have a cat that looks EXACTLY like yours that has an obsession with bread!! Anytime we bring groceries into the house the bag with the bread cannot be left on the floor, counter or table! It has to be the first thing put away because Sadie can smell it...
I usually find a nice font on the computer and then print out what I want it to say and then cover it with parchment or wax paper (Or laminate it which I have done for things I will use again.. Like numbers or popular phrases) and then using Royal I trace the letters and then once I am finished with the cake I just glue them on where I want them to go.. I always write it twice just in case of breakage! Although you can repair any that break with Royal and you can't even...