Posts by daisy81382

Im sorry if this has been answered already. I did do some reading but couldn't find the answer. I'm making a cake this week & really want to make the sugar tiles. I normally make regular buttercream but would like to make smbc or imbc this time. I don't really want to cover in fondant if I can avoid it. My concern is the sugar tiles 'melting' on the buttercream. I have made sugar jewels before & when I attached them to the buttercream they started dissolving. Is there a...
If you use chocolate chips do you have to add any shortening so that it hardens?I'm particularly interested in white chocolate since I have to make some colored ones in September but would like for the chocolate to get hard. If u do need to use it do you know how much? I would normally just use almond bark but if I can use chocolate chips thats even better.Thanks for any advice
Thanks for the help. I think I'll give it a try and see how it goes.
I am also going to have to do this. I was wondering if anyone knew how this would work - I was going to bake my cupcakes in plain white liners & freeze. Then after thawing I want to put blue foil wrappers on them. Would that work or would the blue liners look silly? I just worry that they won't be snug against the cake. I don't want to waste time & ingredients if it won't work. The reason Im thinking of doing this is because I'm running out of time & the foil wrappers...
I want to make a sugar tiled cake at the end of July. I am in southwest MO and it is usually very hot and humid at that time. I intend to have my aircon on as high as it will go at home, but I worry about transporting the cake 1 1/2 hours. Even though the aircon will be on in the car.Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas of how I can keep the sugar from melting or getting too tacky? Or is it just a lost cause and I should figure something else out? I thought worse...
Thank you so much for your replies. We might be getting away from the fondant as she likes a sugar tile cake I sent her (although I'm not sure how that's going to stand up at the end of July with the heat). If I have to, I will just buy Satin ice or look for the kosher gelatin. I was really thrown off when she told me that.She did say that eggs & milk are fine. If they were going to be a problem she was going to have to go somewhere else. Thanks again for your...
I would absolutely love to try these tiles for a cake I have at the end of July. Does anyone know how bad the heat will affect the sugar? Does isomalt hold up better in the heat? I have to transport the cake about 1 1/2 hours, is there a way I can maybe store the tiles and then assemble at the venue? Just trying to keep them from melting and getting too sticky.Any advice you experts can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help!
Margi24 you should be able to get glucose syrup. It works the same as corn syrup.
I have a friend who has asked me to do her wedding cake. I have never done a wedding cake but told her I'd be happy to try it for her. After speaking last night she informs me that she is 'sort of' vegetarian. So when we were talking about fondant I told her that I use MMF and she said she doesn't eat gelatin... So now I'm kind of stumped. I could do a pure buttercream cake, but I like the fondant decorations, plus it's on July 31 so i worry about the buttercream...
How about a strawberry cake? That's very springy & kids & adults would like it. There are many different versions of the WASC that are pretty tasty. I'm sure whatever you make everyone will love!