Posts by angelicconfections

I just got a cake cricut from my husband as birthday gift.  I'm really excited and so intimidated!  The instructions don't say what medium to use, so gumpaste, fondant, frosting sheets, has anyone tried the sugar sheets?  I'm going to give it a try fingers crossed!!
wow, some people. It amazes me how brides want a top $ gown, white stretch limo and cheap food.We had a low budget wedding, under a 100 just close family and friends. I wanted our geusts to be able to relax and enjoy the chance to catch up with family and friends. So we had fewer people, served food I made myself, lots and lots of hot beefs along with salads and veggies bought at Sam's Club. I admit I didn't know much about cakery then, other than baking and was...
I found that corn starch dries out my fondant and makes it crack too. I do have one flexible cutting board that I bought at the dollar tree that I can roll out wilton fondant on without sugar or starch dusting but not MMF, I think I should invest in one the special fonant mats.
I found that corn starch dries out my fondant and makes it crack too. I do have one flexible cutting board that I bought at the dollar tree that I can roll out wilton fondant on without sugar or starch dusting but not MMF, I think I should invest in one the special fonant mats.
I ordered some chocopan fondant from sugar craft and it arrived rock hard. It's cold, I live in wisconsin I am geussing it froze somewhere along the line. I've tried heating it up but no go. On the other hand it smelled good but I had to go to JoAnns and pay way to much for terrible tasting wilton junk that only comes in that multi color pack so I had to buy 4 for just a 6in oval. Lucky for me its a small amount I need its for a Nascar cake for the Daytona 500 race on...
Most of us have felt like quitting at once I think. I have been doing this for almost five years now and just last month I did a baby shower cake for a good friend and felt like I botched the whole thing. I did a 3D bear cake and it was one of those cakes that just nothing went right. I had to rebake twice, the face wouldn't come out right and she showed up to get it 5 hours early and I wasn't done. I think she is still miffed, Iasked her daughter what she wanted for...
ouch! so sorry, how very frustrating! My kids have wrecked things too, licked the frosting off a customer cake, my son once sneezed all over a tray that held a couple hundred pink rosebuds for a 1st communion cake.
Hi, cream cheese icing is not the ideal medium for making decorations like roses and I find it more of a challenge to smooth out too. It colors the about the same as bc made with just crisco and no butter. I tell my brides and other customers that if they want cc icing I reccomend that the details be made from royal icing or regular bc. I found that even doing drop stars with it is tricker, it doesn't want to relase from the piping bag. The cream cheese I use for...
Blessings and best wishes, I hope your day is sweet as silver cake with cream cheese frosting. May your dreams come true...May your laughs be plenty, may your tears be of joy,may your worries be few, and your dreams come true.Best WishesAngie
that is so cute, I get that too. I did a 3D Pooh for my nephew's 3rd birthday a few years ago and wouldn't let us cut Pooh, it was a good thing Pooh was sitting on a sheet cake!