Posts by shelie

I called my local store and they did not have that color in the store or the warehouse either. She said that they may only have a few online because the color is discontinued. I had gotten a free shipping coupon emailed to me. Even with the shipping I think it was $349 which is way better than what it would be. you could try to google a free shipping coupon but I think they may only let you use a coupon under your email address only.
I would say it is a cross between the two. Not slick and shiny like my Artisan was but not flat either. It is a great finish and I can tell you the picture does not do it justice at all! It does look very flat in that picture and it is not like that at all. I was so happy when I opened the box the color and finish was way better than I thought. But like I said for the price you can not beat it!
I just got my KA pro 600 at Bedbathandbeyond.com for $299 free shipping with tax was $319 and I am getting the ice cream attachment as a rebate which is worth $80. The color is silver sage online it says silver it would not have been my pick of color but really I would have gotten it even if it were purple! And I actually like the color kind of retro. But this color was marked $299 and all the others were marked $399. I jumped on it and I am SO glad! I used to have...
Here is a house cake that I just made. I did that in 4 panels because it was 12x12x15 and it worked great! I was scared of sagging and it was not an issue. Good luck can't wait to see then end result looks like a FUN cake! I love a good challenge!
Thank you guys! I did work really hard on this cake and I enjoyed the end result!
The cutting went well! It was basically a 4 tiered cake with boards in between so i just cut from the top down to the board then cut through the fondant at the bottom of the row of slices and the cut just like any square cake. Everything went so well and I was nervous for nothing and now i have a huge cake under my belt!
Here is the final cake! I am so happy how it turned out! Let me know what you think! The final cake was 12x12x15. plus the side porch. The front steps are RKT covered with fondant.
Thanks for the info...I will surely post pictures I am hoping it turns out well! It is a replica of the Juliette low house who is the founder of girl scouts. Her birthday is Oct 31st so it is a huge GS event and my cake is the focus of the whole event...EEEKKKK!!! I hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew! Oh yeah and I have to cut and serve it in front of these 255 people...did I mention that I have NEVER cut a cake this large in my life?? Oh dear god please pray...
I guess I did not describe it well. It will be a 12x12 square that is 15 inches tall. It will be between 4-5 tiers tall but all solid not decreasing in size. I have to frost it as a solid cube and then to cover each "wall" in fondant I am hoping that it does not slip and wrinkle at the bottom. I am going to start the construction of the cake today because I have alot of detail work to do once it is assebled. I can not make them ahead because I am afraid the scale will...
I am making a replica of a house cake...the dimensions are 12x12x15. It is basically a solid cube of cake. I am going to have boards in the center and pvc dowls for support as well as a PVC center dowel support. Hoping that is good support wise. But how many servings would you say if I cut it wedding cake style? I am nervous on so many levels for this cake! I have to drive it 1 hour away fully assembled of course. Then to top it off I have to cut it in front of 255...