Posts by beccal

Sounds like you need a heating core
I had a dam, I did put a nice layer of the filling in, too, maybe that was it.
I guess no one can help me, as more than 20 have looked at my post and no replies. (Sorry, I am just racking my brain, trying to figure out the problem. I hate this! It is driving me nuts, makes me sick to my stomach to think I ruined someone's shower because of my poorly made cake. Just upset, excuse my snippy-ness
I made a babyshower cake this weekend, 2 layer, 10" round, choc cake with raspberry filling. I made the cake Sat nite and refridgerated it due to the filling. Took it out of the fridge Sun morning to finish the decoration, boxed it, and delivered it to the location. I was also delv another cake, and then came back to attend the shower (friend of a friend deal) and was HORRIFIED to see the icing had squished out from between the layers and was buckled in the middle between...
Awesome, I love it! We are huge fans and my husband would adore that cake!! I'll have to steal that idea for the MI game... or something similar... O-H ... I-O!!! GO BUCKS!!
well if they wanted something else, that is their own deal... sounds to me like they didn't know what they wanted! I would just do like you were doing, keep cookies and cupcakes and maybe cake balls on hand, up your displays... sounds like you are doing everything right. maybe make some flyers and have some "cake specials" with lists of items you offer in your store. tell them when they come in, this is what we have available right now (cookies, etc) and give them a flyer...
what is the name of your business? If it's something that is general (for instance, Pat's Sweet Treats) they maybe expecting a variety of things, including candies, cakes, cookies, etc. ??? Have you made any cookie bouquets for display? How many cake dummies do you have? I'm no expert, but I know what i would expect if walking into a cake store or something similiar...
I agree with the others completely! You need to have something for the crowd to get them in the store to begin with. And even better if they can taste what you are making (i.e. cookies or cupcakes). I think this is the best thing to do... and don't worry if you have to charge and arm and a leg for them, you are in a shopping center and i think people will expect that anyway...
I sooooooo know what you mean! Someone looked at my website and saw the cake I did of the baby in the pot. (you can see it in my gallery) I would definitly charge someone about $150 for that cake... I gave her a quote on that one... she asked for that one in particular, mind you, and she said her budget was $15- $30, could I do it for that much because she's a friend of a friend!!! I about died when she said that... that cake is worse than a wedding cake to make! People...
Ahhh yes... the "splatter" is what I was referring to... hate that!